Thread: Sounds and Audio Devices

Sounds and Audio Devices

I am using windows XP and cannot make the sound work. I have followed the troubleshooter and reinstalled the driver C-Media AC97 Audio Device. However I am not able to hear the Sounds and Audio. I have checked the power and it seems working fine. But whenever I play my music file i am not able to hear the sound form my speakers. The jack is also connected to the panel. I have even reseated the plug but it doesn’t seem to resolve my problem. Can anybody come up with better solution steps?

Re: Sounds and Audio Devices

There seems problem with your audio port. Have you tried connecting the speakers to some other computer? You can also test the audio port connector by using the mobile head phones or other head set. Check whether the volume controls is set to maximum and in the volume control property check whether the mute all check box is not checked and even check that the player sound is not mute. And lastly check whether the jack is plugged in the correct port of the line which is usually light green in color. You also need to check the drivers installed or not.

I have a similar problem. I have dell speakers and my warranty has void. My speakers are not able to play sound. However in the Sounds and Audio Device Properties box from the control panel, under the volume tab it says..no audio device and under the audio tab it has grayed out the dropdown box for the sound playback default device and in very light grey it says no playback devices. Also on this tab under the sound recording default device it has light grayed out no recording devices and I cannot change this either. The use only default devices box is checked with a tick.

There are no audio drivers installed for this system. You can create certain the driver’s details from the device manager. For accessing device manager right click on My Computer and go to hardware. Under hardware there is device manager. Open the device manager and check for any uninstalled drivers. If your audio drivers are not installed then the device manager determine to demonstrate a question mark besides the sound and audio device. If this is the case then you need to install the driver for audio. This can be done by right clicking the sound and audio device and then go to update drivers. This determine to automatically find the drivers and install. Then restart your system and try playing the sound file

You have to create certain for drivers which are missing from your system. To do this you have to hit it off the Windows "Start" menu and right hit it off "My Computer." Got to "Properties" to launch the System Properties window. After that you have to hit it off the "Hardware" tab and click the "Device Manager" button to launch the Device Manager. Device Manager shows you drivers and components installed on your system. Scroll down the list and click + next to the component you desire to expand. For eg, if you want to see your audio drivers, click + sign next to "Sound, video and game controllers. If you observe a question or exclamation mark next to any of the drivers, it means that they are missing or damaged. In order to repair the missing or damaged driver, right click it and then hit it off to "Update driver. Insert your Windows XP disc into the CD/DVD-ROM drive and click "Install Software automatically. Click Next to install the missing driver.