Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem in Samsung Cd rom

Hardware Peripherals

Old 19-10-2010

Problem in Samsung Cd rom

I am using my computer from last 4 years its absolutely working very fine but yesterday when i inserted a CD in my Cd rom for listening music it was unable to read the CD. I tried several times eithe different CDs but the result was same. Can some one please help me with this.

Old 19-10-2010

Re: Problem in Samsung Cd rom

Try to restart the pc if its not reading the disk at the first attempt. Again if it shows the same problem then remove your CC rom try to clean the lenses but be careful not to touch it directly with your hand.If the problem still persist then it might be that the CD rom lens might have got damaged so you have to send it to a Repair Shop in order to solve the problem.
Old 19-10-2010

You should first check to see if the light comes on, onto your CD rom , if not it may not have power. You have to take off the case by opening the CPU and make sure that the CD rom cables are correctly plugged in. If it doesn't work after you push in the cables, it could be that your CD rom might have some fault, and it has to be replaced.
Old 19-10-2010

If the CD rom is not working properly or not reading any CD then u must check whether there is light on your CD rom or not , if yes then it can be that some of the files from your windows/System32 might have got missing. So try to install a new fresh copy of windows software.
Old 19-10-2010

One of the option which you can follow if your CD rom is not working properly is that when you start your computer keep on tapping F12. This will take you to safe mode. Don't worry if windows look some different. Now insert a CD in the rom a then check whether it is showing the same problem or not.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,