Thread: Computer Automatically shutdown while playing game

Computer Automatically shutdown while playing game

I have a assembled computer.I normally play games on it .The name of the games are as follows warrock, cabal,Counter strike,Need for speed underground two, rakion etc.While i am playing the game it automatically shut down after few hours of playing.Can any one tell me why this thing is happening with my PC?.Is there any problem with my PC?.Give me your reply.

Re: Computer Automatically shutdown while playing game

This is the problem which normally happens ,so don't think much about it.You shutdown can occur because of a high temperature of your graphic card or CPU.Some of the computer gets shut down as a security when the heat of the CPU or the graphic card is too high for preventing the damage.Might be your CPU fan is not working properly or the graphic card fan that prevents the heat may also be not working properly.Get your both the fan cleaned .I still you are not able to get out of this problem then there can be problem with your graphic driver.If you update your graphic card then it may solve the problem ,If still it is not solving out then there could be a problem with your power supply.

This thing happens in my aser laptop.I have installed Windows 7 operating system .It automatically shuts down when i play the games.My laptop is just 6 months old and it is in the warranty period .I have send it to the service center .But till now even they are also not able to solve my problem .So i want the reply that, is there any hardware problem in my system Or it is the problem of windows 7 operating system.

After going through this problem i found the solution that ,there may be problem with the graphic card .The graphic card might be over heating due to the use of the graphic in game.All this games which we play consume a lot of graphic usage ,due to which our graphic card gets over heated and finally shutdown.So the problem is not with the computer it is with the game itself .If you want to play the game then make sure that you are in the air conditioned room.

I have tried the solution given by DanielV.As you told that there might be problem with the CPU fan.When i opened my cabinet i found it that there was lot of dust om my CPU fan and the fan was working very slow .This might be the reason why i was facing the problem.I cleaned my CPU fan and closed my cabinet .After this i started my computer and now it is working fine for me.I t is not getting shutdown.

ive got the same problem 2... my cpu shutdown automatically while i playing game... no matter what kind of games... n i already did what u all mentioned above but my cpu still got the same problem... n i also pour some thermal compount on my processor... still the same... i installed the latest driver for my graphic card... same.... i change my power supply... same... i cleaned up all the fan... still same... i even trying playing games without my graphic card too... n the result is SAME.................... i didnt know what exactly happened with my cpu.... help me....

Well, your case is really annoying mate.. You tried so much but still pc keeps rebooting Well, lets fix it together. First of all let us know what is your configuration ? Give the same in details because i think there might be some minor strange problem that is causing the issue.

im using
    -AMD DUAL CORE X2 64 2.75GHz
    -2.7GB DDR2 RAM
    -NVIDIA GEFORCE GT220 1GB DDR3
    -500WATTS POWER SUPPLY
    -WIN.XP SP2 PROFESIONAL

The issue could be due to overheating of the Video card. So you need to ad thermal paste to the heat sink and then check out for the same. As the desired steps has been taken you also need to make sure that the drivers for the same is been updated to the latest. I hope this will be better for you and can make the change to be functioned and work as needed.

i already did all u asking me to do... n the result still the same...