Thread: Download ikon webcam driver

Download ikon webcam driver

Yesterday I purchased webcam to chat with my cousin who is in US from his Studies. I have not received any software CD with it. When I connect it on my windows XP computer, my computer is not ready to recognize it. I think so it is happening just because of driver absence. I know that every hardware device needs its driver to work with computer. Problem is that I am not able to download its drivers. My webcam is icon webcam and I think so it is made by china that’s why I am not to finds it drivers. I do not know its official website form where I can download its driver. I searched for it on Google but I did not found drivers. I really need help because I am not able to see my brother. Should I buy microphone for voice chat while my webcam has inbuilt mic? Will it be enough to send me voice?

Re: Download ikon webcam driver

I have also made search for this website but I think so it very generic manufacturer. There is no information about Ikon Company on web. So it is difficult to provide you help with its website. do you have its model number. And normally every webcam has inbuilt Mic and that is more than enough for voice chat also. But if you want voice clarity then I will advise you to buy good headphone with inbuilt mic. It will transport better voice via internet. For driver provide me your webcam model number. May it will help me to find drivers for your webcam. If you got any user manual then try to find it official website and give it to me because i am sure for downloading drivers from its website.

No dear there is no model number and any other information. But I got some user manual type document at purchasing time but sorry to inform you that I have misplace those documents. I do not have any other source to know about its website. IS there any chance, that windows will download its driver automatically from online source? Because whenever I plug it, my OS ask me for internet update but every time I deny. If it possible then I am ready to do automatic update

Same problem with me. I am also looking for my webcam drivers from last 2 weeks but still I have not found anything. I have Ikon USB webcam and its model number is T901. I am windows XP professional on my computer.
    Device Type: Digital webcam
    Manufacturer: IKON
    Model number: USB webcam T901
    Operating System: Windows XP
    If I will not find its driver, it will be waste of my money. I really need help to download these drivers. But now I have learned that I will never buy China or unbranded devices.

Hi ! I am using Logitech webcam and thanks that I do not have Driver problem because mine one is branded. Someone told me that if webcam has inbuilt Mic then there is no need to use headphone for voice chat. But when I use it on MSN messenger, I am able to send me video but not able to send my audio. I think so I am making some mistake. Is anybody else here who is using same webcam and also getting voice chatting. When I play music files, my partner gets voice of my songs but he never gets my voice. Where is the problem? Is my webcam is affected? I am ready to replace it if there is any problem, still in warranty period.

Just see your webcam other point, there will be two wires, one is 3.5 jack point and 2nd is USB connector to insert in USB. I think so you have inserted USB point but 3.5 mm is still out. That port is to insert in MIC jack port. If you want to send your voice with video then you have to insert 3.5 male ports in 3.5 mic female port. And also install its audio input driver. Your partner is able to get songs voice because you have sleeted LINE VOLUME option which is sending media player voice via internet. After installing driver for your webcam make reboot your computer and then try to use you webcam inbuilt mic. I am sure; it must solve your problem. If there is no separate 3.5 mm jack port for mic then there is problem in your USB connector. Replace it with new one.

If you want to send your media player (songs voice) voice then I you have to unselect that LINE VOLUME option:
    1. Go in your start menu and select all programs.
    2. Then go in to your Accessories.
    3. In Accessories, chose Entertainment.
    4. Select volume control option form Entertainment.
    5. It will open volume control windows, in this windows click on Option tab and select properties.
    6. In properties windows Realtek HD Audio input and unselect LINE VOLUME option and apply these settings

All these settings are for windows XP operating system.

thanks alot