Thread: Found New hardware :Generic Volume issue with System

Found New hardware :Generic Volume issue with System

I use a desktop machine and has been facing some issue with it. When ever I start the system I get a balloon on the the task bar and it says that New hardware found. Generic Volume. Please help me out so that I can get sort of the same. It keeps installing the same and then asks for continue installation. I perform the same but still it is not getting processed. I do not know what could have been the cause. Please help me out. I use Windows Xp.

Re: Found New hardware :Generic Volume issue with System

You need to check out for the event log information which will surely be a help for getting sort the issue. Do check out for the change well which will be better for you. As the desired aspect needs to be functioned well. You can process the same that is by Clicking Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in. In the console tree, click Event Viewer. Now as this is been done you may get to a better conclusion by knowing the aspect which is causing it. Do look out for the thing and make the amendments as needed. It will be better.

In order to check out for Event log you also need to look out for the events that is associated with the same. There are basically three types of logs. Application, Security and System. These are the event logs which is been categorized. For more information basically Application log is something in which the log contains events logged by programs. For example, a database program may record a file error in the application log. Events that are written to the application log are determined by the developers of the software program. Now in Security log it records events such as valid and invalid logon attempts, as well as events related to resource use, such as the creating, opening, or deleting of files. For example, when logon auditing is enabled, an event is recorded in the security log each time a user attempts to log on to the computer. You must be logged on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group in order to turn on, use, and specify which events are recorded in the security log. While than that of a System log contains events logged by Windows XP system components. For example, if a driver fails to load during startup, an event is recorded in the system log. Windows XP predetermines the events that are logged by system components. So process out for the thing that is been mentioned. It will be of great help then.

Another way through which you can make the issue to be processed is by looking out for the driver issue which is causing the same. It can be resolved well that is the Take Two. Look out for the steps that is mentioned as below:

• You need to click Start and then point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    • Now in Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    • You then have to check out in the list of programs currently installed, click Adaptec Take Two, and then click Add/Remove. Follow the instructions to remove this program

It will now help you out for sorting the thing that you are facing and make it to function correctly. So check out.

Basically you need to get the issue to be sorted out well by performing a Windows Recovery console or repairing the system. You may need a Windows XP bootable disc. As it is been done you may then perform well for the change. All you need to is to Insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted, select any options required to start (boot) from the CD. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R. If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. At the command prompt, type Recovery Console commands, and then you can refer to the commands that are listed in the "Available commands within Windows Recovery Console" section. At any time, you can type Help for a list of available commands. At any time, you can type Help commandname for help on a specific command. At any time, you can exit Windows Recovery Console by typing Exit at the command line. So this is the process. Check out by implementing and then restart the system. YOu will then not get the Generic device issue again.