Thread: Best Ecocnomy Inkjet printer in market (Refilling/compatible cartidges)

question Best Ecocnomy Inkjet printer in market (Refilling/compatible cartidges)

Hi All,

Please share your inputs in choosing an economy inkjet printer.

Options in front of me are

HP deskjet 1668
    Epson Stylus T11

I plan to buy compatible cartridges or if possible refill the ink on my own. I know the process will eventually damage the printer,but I want to go for the cheapest of solutions right now.

Does the cartridges for the above models come with the embedded chips which make refilling not feasible? how much will be the cost of compatible cartridges/ cost per print (B/W, economy mode)?

thanks in advance,

Re: Best Ecocnomy Inkjet printer in market (Refilling/compatible cartidges)

Epson is bit cheaper then HP. I will recommend to go for HP printer. Both printer are nice by HP has quiet a great looks. Performance point of view I found Epson as one of the good products mostly. But on the same hand hp is not also a bad. HP has already a established company in the market and the product support on the same is also well. The cartridge is the another key point in your printer which decides the printer performance.

Re: Best Ecocnomy Inkjet printer in market (Refilling/compatible cartidges)

Hah.. i had to find it out myself

an experienced dealer suggested me the following: hope he didnt cheat, i have to wait to verify the results

-All new inkjet models from Epson, hp, canon are cheap to buy (1500 to 2000 bucks) but the running costs are horribly high.

-Canon, hp cartridges range from 900-1500(two original cartridges cost more than a new printer)
    -epson genuine cartridges for T13 (or T11, i forgot) cost only 250 rs, but gives ONLY 30 printouts

so if you are talking abt economy- he said to get my old epson stylus c40sx repaired, even if the head replacement costs 2.5k. The compatible cartridges costs 100~200 rs only and used to give 70-100 prints (word of caution, the head will get damaged if you refill or use compatible cartridges. i had to clean print heads using alcohol etc 3- 4 times, towards the end it stopped responding to cleaning and just didnot get fixed. Also newer 'compatible' cartridges just print some 20-30 pages and then die. the embedded chip makes manual refilling also a pain, for c40sx) i also came across similer posts saying older models were the best( in mouthshut reviews, about pixma ip1000
    )

so what i decided was to buy an outdated pixma ip1300 (, as per the dealers recommendation,which was still in stock there) which cost me 1400 rs.
    It comes with only a color cartridge included in the package, optional black cartridge is available for 1100/-. but it can print ~750 pages in lowest ink consumption mode per cartridge , he said, with the colour cartridge alone. refilling is sucessful for the model. and since the head is included with the cartridge itself (yes!) i think even if it becomes useless after refiling, buying a new cartridge+ head for 1100(black, PG-40) will keep it running.
    Now the only thing i look forward is the actual pages i'm going to get , out of the seemingly-exaggerated 750 pages the dealer said. anyone with experience with ip1300 pls comment.