Thread: Download umax scanner driver 4100 astra for windows 7

Download umax scanner driver 4100 astra for windows 7

My purpose to writing this thread is to solve my driver’s problem. I am working in a construction company as manager and in my office has almost 4 computers. My all computers are running with windows XP. But now I am planning to upgrade my OS to windows 7. Our team has downloaded al required drivers but I am not able to download drivers for my personal umax 4100 astra scanner. I have googled for it but nowhere is help. If you people have any idea please informed me

Re: Download umax scanner driver 4100 astra for windows 7

Hi! I am using windows 7 home (32 bit) as my operating system on my house computer. Yesterday I purchased one old 2nd hand scanner ( Umax Astra 4100) from my friend but my system is not recognizing it. It is almost 3 years old and my friend was using it without any problem on windows Xp. He also gave me its original CD which had worked well on XP. I have also gone to umax website but no solution there. I want to know that CD will work with windows 7? If not then please provide me proper solution.

It’s really difficult to say without any test that it will work or not. You should try to install it and then see what happen. If you are not able to install it because of compatibility then right click on the CD drive icon and explore it. Now right click on .exe file and select it on compatibility tab and make it compatible with XP and then install. And also update that driver to its latest version. I wish it will solve your query. Update your experience in this frame.

Hey you know I was also suffering with same problem. I sent lots of mail to UMAX also but they respond to their old customer. But I want to thanks to this forum. I solved my problem by your solution. I searched for its driver on Google and found XP driver. I downloaded it and also made it compatible with windows 7 and now it’s working without any problem. There is no need to update it via online source, it working fine without any problem.

I am seeing lots of thread related to same problem. Peoples are not able to download Umax astro scanner’s drivers for windows 7. It is almost 5 years old it will be difficult to find its driver for Vista or windows 7. Even umax official website has no answer for this problem. Better way is to stop think about this , and buy a brand new printer. There are planty of option for it like HP , cannon etc.