Thread: Windows 7 driver for Realtek ALC889A

Windows 7 driver for Realtek ALC889A

I am having a windows 7 computer system and intel core 2 duo processor and using it from last few months also the thing is that recently i have checked that my sound driver is missing from my system, I don't know how but i am not able to play any music files also not able to hear any kind of sound. I am using the Gigabyte motherboard , please help me in getting the sound driver back .

Re: Windows 7 driver for Realtek ALC889A

The thing here is that i am not sure that your driver is gone or have corrupted, so first of all make sure that the sound driver of your is present or not. Because it may happen that there may be problem with your speakers also the file that you are trying to play must be corrupted . You can find this by just right click on the My computer and select the option properties after selecting setting you find a new window with five tabs containing general , computer name, hardware, remote, Advanced. In that you have to select the Hardware option and after that select the device manger option in that you will see all the drivers if there is a yellow flag set with the question mark then your driver is missing and if no flag set then your driver is fine.

I have gone through your issue and as mentioned by you that you are not ale to hear the sound than i am sure that your driver is corrupted and the thing is that you will not able to listen any sound if the driver is not working properly than what you have to do is just install the new sound driver from the mother board disk of yours you will get all the drivers from it. I hope that installing the new driver will solve your problem.

I was also facing the same problem a few days back with my windows 7, usually people face this problem because they update their system with the new operating system, I also face the similar one when i updated my XP to the windows seven and forgot to install the drivers, So what you have to do in this case is just install the drivers from your mother board disk.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for finding the solution, As suggested by you people i searched over internet for the driver and after a long search finally i found the realtec sound driver , i have downloaded it on my system and then install on to my computer and i am able to listen the audio files. The driver that i downloaded was up to the mark and was compatible with the system.