Thread: Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner driver windows 7

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner driver windows 7

I have recently purchased a new computer using it with the windows 7 as the operating system and Intel core 2 duo as its processor, And also i have purchased the new scanner which is of Packard Bell Diamond and it is also 1200 plus driver also i am not able integrate it with my system. What is the way of installing the Scanner as i am new to all this stuff please guide me to to well. Also the thing is that i am able to start the scanner but i cant scant the images through it please help me in this case.

re: Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner driver windows 7

I have gone through your problem it seems to me that you need drivers that will suits the windows 7 as well as the scanner that you are trying to use . The thing here is that drivers are nothing but the intermediate between the scanner and the operating system that you are using. You will get this drivers from the company of which your computer is than you have to download all the drivers and install it on the machine. Hope that the drivers will enable you to work with the scanner.

It seems to me that you are not aware with the drivers ,what you have to do is just search over the internet and then you can download it from there . The thing is that to get the drivers related to the Packard Bell Diamond is very much difficult and also there are problems to download it with windows 7. Visit the official site of Microsoft then just do one thing that download the driver of Packard Bell Diamond scanner.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days before and me to was not able to get the drivers for the packard bell diamond scanner because the scanner is not compatible with the windows 7 and the other thong is that i was also got frustrated searching drivers for it and then i tried using the windows XP and succeeded in getting the drivers with it, Also I will suggest you to do the same thing just switch it over from win 7 to win XP i guess it will solve your problem.

I don't think that the Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner is compatible with the windows 7 operating system but still if you want to do the same with it than do just one thing contact the service providers of yours and then place a complaint the there i think that they will help you in this case. Also if you will ask me than it is no good to use this scanner because this the old one in the market and also uses lot of power or we can say that consumes lot of power. Then what you have to do is just change the scanner it self.

First of all thank you all of you those you have considered my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution, But the thing is that initially i was not able to download the driver but as guided by you people i was successfully able to download the driver from the official site and then install it on the system and really it is working fine for me and also the thing is that i am not changing the scanner as well as my system.

Re: Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner driver windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Uftzi View Post
    First of all thank you all of you those you have considered my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution, But the thing is that initially i was not able to download the driver but as guided by you people i was successfully able to download the driver from the official site and then install it on the system and really it is working fine for me and also the thing is that i am not changing the scanner as well as my system.
    Hi there... how r u? Just needed abit of help. I'm going through the same problem. I've got window 7 and scanner is Packard bell, if yout could tell em where did you download the driver from please? I tried looking through online but can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozie View Post
    Hi there... how r u? Just needed abit of help. I'm going through the same problem. I've got window 7 and scanner is Packard bell, if yout could tell em where did you download the driver from please? I tried looking through online but can't find it.
    I think that this scanner Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus is almost 9 years old and therefore only windows xp driver for it is available that can be downloaded from here. You can try to install it in Windows 7 XP mode or try the windows xp compatability mode and see if it works. If not then you will need to buy a new scanner.

just a little help for those trying to install packard bell diamond 1200 plus on windows 7 if you download this ( ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/B...ows7/setup.exe) then run set up you will be able to use your scanner with the bearpaw programe please let me now how you get on

Dear Sir
    Thank you I also have above scanner and windows 7
    Please may I enquire - what is the bearpaw program
    Your kind advice in this matter would be appreciated
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by kasfig View Post
    Dear Sir
    Thank you I also have above scanner and windows 7
    Please may I enquire - what is the bearpaw program
    Your kind advice in this matter would be appreciated
    Ian
    The bearpaw program is used for Image System software that offers superior image quality. It also features, enhanced imaging intelligent your best photo buddy and life image sharing. You can download the same software from searching it on any search engines.

Thank you for this advice. I shall download it.
    Having searched the web for drivers, I find the Packard Bell Diamond 1200 scanner drivers hard to come by.
    However I see there is also another scanner called the Mustek 1200cu scanner, which looks similar if not almost identical.
    I am wondering it this particular Mustek Scanner is in fact the same model but with a different "badge" for marketing
    Ian