Thread: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB HDD stopped working

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB HDD stopped working

Now my Maxtor daimondMax 200GB stopped working. It seems to the overheating caused this HDD failure. The system shows me that the NTLDR missing. I tried to troubleshoot the HDD in my way. I tried switching the pcb board with another Maxtor 120 GB but still not solved the problem. Do you think that I have lost my HDD and I no longer able to retrieve the data.

Re: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB HDD stopped working

When it comes to data security, I would not use Maxtor drives. The parts are actually more likely than their counterparts from other manufacturers. I can say from personal experience. In operation, in which I worked about 2.5 years, we had several hard drives parts from Maxtor in use and failed in the first place,

There is also somewhere a side on which the failure rates of all the plates are listed.

I have the same problem as you, from what I read there are two problems. If the hard drive works (motor and rods) and you can turn on, then it may be electrical failure. If you do not believe there is no solution. I'll just buy another disk and change the electrical system crossing and make it work.

I had the same problem. Basically it is a security and manufacturing default must be sent to the Maxtor. You should try to updating the firmware. It can be guaranteed under manufacturer, the best thing is to tone your HD apart from having the eyes to the number on the label and see if it can be exchanged with a new. I finally stumbled upon the manufacturer's website and apparently, I can return the disc and they retrieve the data for free.

For information, unfortunately your hardware specs cannot be seen. I also don’t know what motherboard it is, what BIOS version. The first thing to recognize the hard drive and the BIOS but as master on the IDE port. Copying the Windows files will also work if the drive is connected differently, but then fails to restart. If the circumstances allow, you have to check what is the reason for it that the BIOS does not recognize the disk. A BIOS update, I would only do that only if a later version supports the desired plate size.

In fact, the current problems of Seagate / Maxtor have nothing to do with the question IDE or SATA. I think that a developer of firmware program of the hard drives made a capital mistake. The error is also a serial damage that it can strike with such a hard drive and can be solved very easy through a firmware update.

I have gone through the same problem.
    • So I went to the computer and turning it on - but it did not boot.
    • It turned out that the hard drive (SATA) is not recognized in BIOS.
    • Have now been checked all the plugs and also tried different ports on my old PC and it will not be recognized.
    • It runs but is still underway and makes normal sounds (it starts, accelerated, and shortly thereafter comes a faint "rattle" when the head is aligned) and sounds just like the hard disk in the computer when I turn on the ATA.
    • I cannot explain just why it has not functioning from one moment to another.

Download SeaTools diagnostics from Seagate site, choose the ISO and burn it on CD and boot from this CD, then do in-depth diagnostics. Maxtor was purchased from Seagate time ago, and then the diagnostic SeaTools applies both to the disks that Seagate for Maxtor. Also see if your model is listed for the firmware update. If it's one of these, you can try downloading the firmware and update it by following the instructions.