Thread: Connection issue with ASUS A8V-Deluxe & Windows 7

Connection issue with ASUS A8V-Deluxe & Windows 7

I am facing a problem with my ASUS A8V-Deluxe motherboard and Windows 7 OS. The exact problem is that windows 7 is not able to recognize that a network cable has been plugged in. This thing happens even if the network cable and switch port tests OK on some other machine. It was working fine on XP. Having any idea, please help me.

Re: Connection issue with ASUS A8V-Deluxe & Windows 7

According to me you should try to disable the IPv6 and try what is happening. If this does not solve your issue then you can tried a couple of BIOS versions, there may be case that, you may be getting success by doing this try. There can even be problem with the NIC. So check your NIC as well. I hope that doing all this things will help you out.

Even i am getting the same problem on my system. When i plug the network cable in the machine, then it is not able to recognize that a network cable is being plugged. I have even tried the above solution which is provided by the windowed, but it did not helped in solving my problem. I am open to ideas, if any one is have any idea please suggest me.

I think that there is an older socket 939 via chipset MB available, it does not have any drivers issued for Windows 7. You are getting the message because there is no driver installed on it. If you want that, this message should not come back, then you will require to purchase a third party Ethernet adapter. After doing this your problem will get solved.

I think before answering to your query you will have to give me the answer of the questions. I want to know that do you have home made network cable or any other wired one? This is because there are cables that will work fine on one computer and they give an unplugged error message when use on other machines.