Thread: Pc stops working when graphic card is Inserted

Pc stops working when graphic card is Inserted

I am using dual core computer system at my home. I install high quality game on system but for that i have to add graphics card in my computer system. But when i try to install or add graphics card in my system stops working immediately after that. There is any loss or affect to my system because of this. So what i have to do for that?
    Last edited by bevan; 13-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Re: Pc stops working when graphic card is Inserted

You have problem with your graphics card. When you insert a graphics card that time PC stops working. First check compatibility of your system. If your system doesn't support the high resolution so how can your machine will work and it will not work properly. Whenever you want to update your system, you check your system will support it or not.

You check your graphics card with another device, If that system also give the same problem, then there is a problem in your graphics card. If you buy it recently so replace it and try with new graphics card. Check your system limitation. If it support low level graphics card and you are using high level graphics card so that will not work. So first check it and then try it.

You reassemble your system with well connection. If still problem is there so check your graphics card slot (PCI express) is working proper. If there is problem in your graphics card slot you have to repair it or change it. Otherwise you can't use graphics card in your system. If you plan for latest update so try to buy new motherboard with advance technology which will support high graphics card in your system.

You check your system hardware setting. And if there is any changes is required so correct it. You have to consult with hardware person. He will guide you very well to solve your problem. You remove your graphics card from your system and check your system is working properly or not. If system is working properly so no matter but not there is problem in your system. If without graphics card it work so keep it as it is and call hardware person to solve this problem.