Thread: Sony Vaio CW - Incorporated mic doesn't work!

Sony Vaio CW - Incorporated mic doesn't work!

Guys, I bought a brand new Sony Vaio CW. It is a very good laptop and I like all the functions of it. But yesterday when I tried to use the incorporated mic in it I found that that is not working in Linux. I am not able to understand that what may be the problem with it an how can I get it fix. Please help me. Any help will be appreciative. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Sony Vaio CW - Incorporated mic doesn't work!

You should try it on some other operating system. Try to run it on Windows 7 and see if it shows the same problem there also then that is the problem with the the mic and not the Operating system. And if it runs fine there then it is the problem with the OS and you should run a new copy of Linux and this will fix the issue. It was the OS problem when I was getting the similar problem with my laptop and I made it fix with that.

I am also having the similar problem with my mic on new Sony Vaio CW. The difference in that I am using the Windows 7 instead of Linux operating system. I reinstalled the operating system again but not found it functioning again. I tried many solutions but none of them was helpful for me. I am very frustrated with this. Please help me to get out of this. I will be very thankful to all for suggestion. Thanks.

All you have to do is, Go to the Control Panel and select the Sound and Audio Devices Properties. This will open a new property box with many tabs. Select the Audio tab from there. Make sure that it is selected the appropriate device under Sound recording. Now hit the Volume tab and click the advance. This will let you to the volume control program. Hit the options and select Recording, click OK. Make sure that it is not muted.

Your audio driver may have corrupted or may not be functioning properly and which is creating the problem for your mic. Just uninstall the audio driver from your computer and reboot the computer. After this it will automatically detect the appropriate driver for your mic and will install that. If that also do not work then you can download the latest driver from internet and install it. This will fix the issue if it is because of the fault in the audio driver.

In both of the cases mentioned above by Koena and MicroDon, you told it that you have bought it new and facing the issue with the mic. So my suggestion to you is not to try anything from yourself. It is still under warranty and you must have the warranty card for that. Just take it to the dealer from where you bought it and ask then for the issue. If they are not able to help you then you can take it back to manufacturer and they will replace it for a new one.

Hey thank you very much to all of you for your replies. I was having the problem with my audio driver and I was reinstalling the same driver again to fix this which was not able to fix that. Finally I downloaded the latest audio driver for my laptop and this solves the problem and I can now use my mic. Thank you very much again to all.