Thread: Mouse click problem Windows 7

Mouse click problem Windows 7

Hello everyone..... I am having a problem with my USB mouse. Rest everything works fine. I am running Windows 7 on two of my machines. One runs without any problem. The other ran flawlessly for about a month or two, and then I started getting a rather odd problem. The Operating System fails to recognize my (most probably) left mouse clicks for random periods of time, say 5 seconds to like 60 seconds. It works sometimes and the very next minute it stops working. Thinking it is the problem related to mouse, I tried another mouse - but same problem.
    Both of the mouse are USB, but it does not seem to be an issue with the USB ports as my keyboard and other USB peripherals work fine.
    Please help me to solve this problem...
    Last edited by Odyysseus; 12-10-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Re: Mouse click problem Windows 7

I understood the problem you are facing. You can try for formatting the entire PC and then reinstalling all the settings in it..After loading your settings into your PC you can then try again for using the mouse.. I am sure that you will not have any problem with that and you will be fully satisfied with this information..

It seems that you have some problem with the operating system and not with the mouse. Try and check the operating system program/software.. Because sometimes due to software failure this kind of problems occur. So try to update the existing operating system in your PC or just format the operating system from your PC and reload a new and updated OS in your pc. It will help you.

If the mouse works on one PC and not on the other then there could be a problem with the port. I am not really sure how to fix a PS/2 port problem, You can do one thing use a PS/2 to USB adapter to plug the mouse into a USB port. If it's a USB mouse try using another USB slot. If you get the same results from all of the USB slots try updating your USB drivers. You can use driveragent for any problem you have related to computer. But you have to pay here for using information. You can also do one thing, just unistall your USB ports through Device Manager and let Windows reload them on the next boot. I hope this information will help you fix your problem..

You can just look out for the operating system updation. The problem is with the system software/program i.e. OPERATING SYSTEM and not with the mouse.. So just try to format the PC and then again all your settings including all the drivers(USB DRIVERS). Once you finish installing all your settings then if you restart your computer i bet their will be no problem with your mouse....

I think that you have some problem with the operating system and not with the mouse. Please check the operating system program/software. Because sometimes due to software failure this kind of problems occur. So try to update the existing operating system in your PC or just format the operating system from your PC and reload a new and updated OS in your pc. After loading the OS install all the drivers including USB drivers which are important if you are using USB mouse. Try this out, it will help you..

Hey you can try for the system software updation.. Which means that you can just update your existing OPERATING SYSTEM in your PC. Or else you can just try for formatting of your PC and then reload the operating system in your PC. Once you are finished with this then you can try for the installation of the drivers with the help of the driver cd you get and then with the help of these drivers you can use your mouse without any problem.