Thread: Power supplies for the Atom D510 (BOXD510MO)

Power supplies for the Atom D510 (BOXD510MO)

I have bought new brand Intel BOXD510M desktop board and it has a 2x12 power connector. Dealer said me that this board would be requiring TFX12V or SFX12V power supply. I am looking forward to get the larger case for fitting this along with an Antec 300W ATX12V power supply so i would like to ask you guys what you say about this setup. Intel says that this board has been made to use with an Intel Atom processor D510.

Re: Power supplies for the Atom D510 (BOXD510MO)

I would also have an info, I have a motherboard GA-8i955 Royal, with a connecting 24-pin, 4 with a cache is probably for the power supply to 20 pins. My question, my PSU is an Enermax 535w, do I connect the 24 pin ATX 12V and-play connectivity of 4 pins, 20 pins or simply by releasing the 4 pins and connect ATX 12v, can I simply connect everything (24 and 4 ATX12V).

The 4-pin power supply plugs into the motherboard has it, whatever the processor, Intel or AMD, it is the motherboard manufacturers who use this connector Extra that it is true, originally was created to the P4. It is found on many CM, all CPUs combined. If you do not plug: the risk is unstable from the motherboard but the risk is minimal for a Celeron. And you should not forget that the it costs nothing to plug.

I have seen the specifications and I have got confused as would it be able to use an ATX12V PSU with a 20 pin connector which was possible on the previous Intel Atom motherboard such as the D945. I know that I have to leave 11th, 12th, 23th and 24th pins. I am getting any difference between the new D510 processors for using an ATX12V with 20 pins instead of 24.

The PC world is changing. With PCI Express, DDR2 memory and Serial ATA, not least, many new components are introduced. Almost unnoticed has joined with ATX12V 2.01 to a new power supply standard, which replaces the existing ATX 1.3. The most obvious change is the new big ATX plug, the now 24-pin instead of the current is 20-pole design. Some of the changes includes Classic ATX connector and new ATX 2.0 connector, From Big One small: from 24 to 20 pin adapter & Alternative: Plug-in expansion.

The four new pins contain the voltages +12 V, +5 V, +3.3 V and a grounding terminal. This is only very sparingly used AUX connector become unnecessary and may be omitted in the new standard. The remaining lines were not changed, so that both standards are compatible with each other is limited. To use the 24-pin connector in older motherboard, an adapter is required - most manufacturers put in these the power supplies. Also in the other direction, it is possible the 20-pin plug fits into the big bush. What fits mechanically, but is not always electrically reasonable and it is for the decision which is not the motherboard manufacturer is allowed and what combination. Some boards also have a four-pin Molex connector, as known from a disk. Then this must also be connected with the use of small ATX connector. A look at the motherboard manual is a must!

Another new feature of the SATA ATX12V 2.0 power supply. This already existing in the connector specification 1.3 now has the status "required" and is thus absolutely necessary. Gone is the time to the adapter, which proved particularly important in the disks than optimal. On the number of required plug is silent, however, from the ATX specification. No longer needed: SATA Adapter, SATA connector coming from the power supply. Versions are available in straight and angled version, The +3.3 volt line is missing from this SATA adapter. But some hard drives are dependent on this voltage. This helps only a ATX12V 2.0 power supply. But even some non-obvious things have changed. Thus, the power capacity were adapted to the needs of current hardware. For the +12 V, a second voltage rail for the CPU is provided, so that in case of sudden load on the CPU and the other 12V power breaks not so strong.