Thread: Unable to find G: drive

Unable to find G: drive

Hello , I have Core 2 duo computer. Recently my computer giving some problem with my G: drive. It Unable to find G: drive in mu computer. When i want to read data from my CD or DVD it enable to read it. SO what i have to do for that? Is there is any major problem? How that is happened with my computer? Please reply me.

Re: Unable to find G: drive

You have to check your g: drive in BIOS setting. If your CD or DVD ROM will display in bios so there is a problem in your operation system or driver. So for solving this problem you have to format your computer but before that you take backup of your hard disk so it will keep your data as it is. After format the computer check your drive is showing or not.

There is problem with related with g: drive. First remove all connection of your computer. Then open your cabin-ate. Check connection of CD ROM is proper or not. Check SMPS connection and SATA connection of CD ROM. If there is a problem in a connection so make a proper connection. Then create all connection and then check the problem.

You have to check your CD ROM or DVD ROM in another computer. If in another computer g: drive is shown so there no any problem with your CD ROM or DVD ROM. But if the same problem is showing on another computer so there is problem in your CD ROM or DVD ROM. If CD ROM or DVD ROM in a warranty so replace it or change it. If you got any CD ROM or DVD ROM so first check it on your computer if it display so you will get conformation that problem in your CD ROM or DVD ROM only

You have to call hardware engineer to solve this type of problem. You check your power connection if power supply is not proper to your CD ROM or DVD ROM so it will not work properly. You check BIOS. In that you will get all peripheral details. Check that your CD ROM or DVD ROM is showing or not. Check all the setting of CD ROM or DVD ROM. Clean the lance of CD ROM or DVD ROM. Replace it if it not work.