Thread: Sound problem in Xbox 360

Sound problem in Xbox 360

Hello,
    I have a tv with the dvi port. For this reason i brought a HDMI to DVI adapter. I am able to see the video but not able to listen to the sound. I do not like the the graphics without the sound. I am not able to understand why i am facing this problem. Do any one have the solution for this problem, i require the support as early as possible. Please help.

Re: Sound problem in Xbox 360

I fell that you are facing the problem because you have changed your from the hdmi to dvi. I think that the dvi adapter does not carries sound to the monitor the TV. You do not require a dvi adapter for getting the sound. For the sounds you require a audio cable. So you will require a to buy a sound cable for getting the sound on your TV. Try it out.

I think you are absolutely right ,because there are some dvi which do not carry the audio signal, but they only carry the data. This thing also depend upon the TV, because if the TV is having the analog input, then it wont be able to take the audio from the DVI adapter. For this reason i will advice you to make the use of the 3.5mm -3.5mm lead wire and connect it with the computer. Now perform the check.

I to have the same problem on my TV. I am also not able to hear the sound from the the tv. I have not change the adapter. I referred the above replies and i am not able to solve the problem by making the use of the audio cable. I even tried to make the use of the 3.5mm -3.5mm lead wire. But doing this things is not solving the issue out. I require some solution for this issue.

My issues is solved by making the use of the 3.5mm -3.5mm lead wire. Initially i was making the use of the dvi adapter. I referred the replies given at the top and implemented it. Now i am able to see the graphics and the audio as well. Thanks for the help to Steyn. I will advice to others to this out, if they are facing the same problem.