Thread: Second SATA Drive Adapter for Acer Aspire 7745G

Second SATA Drive Adapter for Acer Aspire 7745G

I am having one issue with the device of mine which is Acer Aspire 7745G. I wanted to connect the second hard driver to it. But when checking into the same come to know there is no parallel connection to the board for SATA Connector. I am not sure which adapter should help me to connect the same. So if any one then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Second SATA Drive Adapter for Acer Aspire 7745G

I have reviewed about the device of yours and come to know that you are right about the fact. But there is a solution for the same is available. You can attach second hard driver with the help of the 90 Degree SATA Data & Power Combo Model SAC-0. This problem can be resolve with the same so go through the same.

It is better to ask about the same to the Acer support team and ask about the installation of the second hard drive into the system. As they are the developer of the system and having the knowledge about any installation and anything on the same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you.

I have gone through the above replies about the things that you have asked me to do. I have successfully installed the same into the system of mine. Now i can work with the second hard drive. But i am having one more issue i wanted to know whether this will reduce the performance of the same. A help may be appreciated.

As per my knowledge the installation of your new hard driver will not reduce the performance of the Notebook. But if the data is overloaded or Hard drive is full then it is possible that it will slow down the system. So if you can then also install the RAM and then you will not get any issue with the same. I hope this help you with the same.