Thread: From Avaya and Cisco which PBX is the best

From Avaya and Cisco which PBX is the best

Hi,
    I have a small office with 10 employees. I am having a old Panasonic PBX in the office. I want to change my PBX with a new one. With me there are two options such as Avaya and Cisco. I know some thing about this 2 PBX, but not having much idea about this. Any one having knowledge related with this topic please help me out? Thanks.

Re: From Avaya and Cisco which PBX is the best

I know few differences between them. Avaya PBX is does not providing the pure IP solution. Avaya PBX does not support SIP phones and if we talk about the Cisco PBX, then it is having the pure IP solution. I have even heard one thing that they keep updating the ip Office with new features in each version. So you must have got the difference now.

I think that Cisco PBX do not have a attractive phones, but it is quickly obsoleted. If we talk about the avaya, then it is easier to manage. The life of Cisco is less as compared with the avaya. I am having a avaya PBX from the last 10 years and it is working fine. I hope that i have provided you some differences related with the Avaya and Cisco PBX.

I would advice you to go for the ACM 5.1, which is from the Avaya Communication as it provide the End to End SIP. Avaya also provide bigger discount on their products. I think that the Avaya would you the complete redundancy . Even if the central site completely goes down the secondary site which you are having would work as usual. But the same thing is not with the Cisco.

The features which the avaya IP Office is as follows-
    - good and stable platform
    - easy to deploy
    - easy to maintain
    - designed for small businesses
    If we talk about the Cisco, then their technology is not as advance as avaya. So i will advice you to buy Avaya IP Office. I am sure that you will like it.
    Last edited by Expertz; 07-10-2010 at 08:55 PM.

I have got enough difference between the Avaya and Cisco PBX . Thanks to all who have given their reply. Your replies have helped me lot. Now i have the clear mindset that which PBX to buy. Looking at the features of the avaya PBX , now i am willing to buy a avaya PBX for my office. I hope that it will work fine for me and will provide a better performance.