Thread: Power supply adaptor for Router

Power supply adaptor for Router

I have a HP computer, windows 7 as the operating system. To access the internet I am using the D-Link DWA-140 router modem. This is worked well. It’s a matter of yesterday, I found that the router not responding properly. Also the speed of the network is getting slow, and suddenly after a few minute it drops the connection. I checked everywhere but found nothing. Then I noticed that the power adaptor of the router have burned out. I need a DC output adaptor with the volt of 5 or 2.5. Which one is good, any suggestion?

Re: Power supply adaptor for Router

According to your post, you lost your network power adapter, and after getting a new adapter there might be the same case happen. I suggest you to go for the any reliable power transformer. By this you can plug interchangeable, which is fit with the equipment. You should check for the current voltage of the adapter, as the requirement of the equipment.

Basically there are two type of the non- interchangeable converter block.
    1)Half cycle of 220V power supply will be given by a diode type block. Which is similar to 100V power of the resistive load. This is generally good for the resistance power supply.
    2)The conversion of power from 220VAC to 110VAC, by a small transformer, but it is not good for the low power devices.
    3)Though your volt of the adapter is 5V, then you should use the adapter which is take the load of 25 watt, it should be fine.

There should be a provision for the 3 connectors in the load of the power supply. It is essential for the device that you are using. Something metal. It should also provide a safety feature for the device in the power supply. And also the outputs that are coming from the adapter or the converter. I am just only worried about the heat, so before accessing just check that all suited to the right voltage.