Thread: Acer Aspire 5920 display on LCD very dim

Acer Aspire 5920 display on LCD very dim

I bought this laptop two 6 month back from now. It was not having any issue with that but today when I tried to boot the system then I found that there was no display on the laptop. I noticed that the bot was very proper because it was booted with the normal sound and all but it was not visible on monitor. When I look at the monitor closely then I found that it was visible but the brightness was very low though I have set the brightness to normal value. What may be problem? Is it a windows problem or some hardware problem? Please help.

Re: Acer Aspire 5920 display on LCD very dim

If you want to confirm that whether it is a software or hardware problem then you have to connect that with an external monitor. If you found that the problem the same issue with the external monitor then it clears that the problem is with the software and if it is proper on external monitor then it gives the clear idea that the problem is with some hardware. Once you get the clear idea about that then you can take the action accordingly.

There is 90% possibility that it is the problem with the screen inverter. All the laptop are using LCD that is liquid crystal display. Screen inverter makes the LCD screen functionable. Screen inverter is used for supplying the power to the LCD which makes it visible. If it is providing less power supply then it will not be visible completely or totally. So you should check for that and get it fixed.

You should make sure that all the connections are fine. Just remove the top cover of the laptop and see for all the connections for proper attachment. Check that all wires are free from being pinched. Some times lose connections may also cause the some problem like this. After confirming this you can go for buying a new inverter. Hope this will help you.

If you find that all the connections are good and it is not having issue with the connection and still the backlight is going out then the best way to fix this is that you have to call the Acer support if it is still under warranty. They will replace your laptop without any charge and if it is out of warranty then they are going to charge something for that. I think that it will be the best solution for you to fix this problem.

You can try cleaning the LCD switch for this issue. I am not sure about this one but it will either be a rubber knub above the keyboard or it will be a little switch near the LCD hinge. You should make sure that both of them are clean and it should not be stuck down. If it does not work then you can go to any repair shop and ask them to replace the inverter. If that also not helps you then you should replace the LCD with a new one.

Hey, Thank you very much for your replies. It was problem with the inverter. I replaced it with a new ne from a hardware shop. Now I am getting the proper brightness from the LCD screen. I recommend to all the users who are seeking for the solution to same issue can do the same. In any problem related to lcd brightness the inverter should b given the priority over other things. Thanks to all !!!