Thread: what is the maximum size of the Cat5 cable

what is the maximum size of the Cat5 cable

Hi I am using Hathway internet connection for the web browsing and it is serving me the best till now. But in few days i want to shift all the stuff of mine to another room so there are few question that are creeping in my mind. As i am shifting from one room to another so what will be the average length of the CAT 5 cable. so that i will no be shifting my modem.The average distance of the modem and my new room must be 20-30 meters. The other thing is that i have NetGear EN 108 Ethernet hub.Is it possible to use connect the two machines to the cable modem.

Re: what is the maximum size of the Cat5 cable

Here the main issue is regarding the cable, so i think that the cat5 cable comes of the specific size that 10 -15 meters and i am sure that you can't extend it at any case the other thing is that if you want to get the specific length of cable then just contact the service provider of yours they will help you in this case, So what you have to do is just contact your service provider and see to it you tell them the actual size you want . I hope so that they will give you.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are no issues regarding the Cat5 cable because the sable is quite long and also it is the best in the business, The average size of the cable is the 100 meters or 328 feet. As mentioned by you that you are using the Hub for all kind of network connection but i will suggest you to use the switch which is best in the business and also has high efficiency then the Hub

I guess that to add the another computer, you will need to have the hub/switch so that they will be able to provide the IP addresses via NAT. Now a days many of the modems routers particularly do this.As mentioned by you that you are using a hub but i will suggest you not to use the hub rather than it just try and make use of the Router which will give you a better efficiency then the others normally fail to do.