Thread: Intel Desktop Board with power switching problem

Intel Desktop Board with power switching problem

I had a little problem at first, not because of this KVM but one of two computers ... In fact, I did not have access to the new USB keyboard before coming under windows: so you can not choose my boot partition or access to the parameters of the RAID card! The solution was simple in fact (at first I thought the switch to a problem:-p), it was necessary to enable the management of the keyboard (USB Keyboard Support Enabled ... to do the same for the mouse) in the BIOS. I am using Intel desktop board and it have power switching problem. Please help.

Re: Intel Desktop Board with power switching problem

The switch between the two CPUs is done so manually by pressing button 1 for second button UC1 or UC2 for. The whole is accompanied by a beep and the LED corresponding to the selected computer for you there. At first startup, the device whose keyboard and mouse are well recognized under windows without any worries. We also tested different resolutions between the two computers (even 1920 * 1200 pixels) and we have not noticed any drop in quality is really handy! The quality of listening and recording, through audio jacks are also go smoothly despite the extension. Note that the housing Automatic switch on the second unit off when either of what is truly beneficial. I will not talk about combination of keys that are supposed to select a specific PC, enable / disable the beeper, or edit the scan interval because it simply does not. It's a shame but it is not essential, I assure you! All KVM competitors do not have this feature.

Despite some defects, including keystrokes nonfunctional (in my case), I found this 2 port KVM switch Connectland really interesting. It is really convenient to use and will save time for those who have several computers simultaneously without using it (players, administrators, etc.). Although this type of connectivity is commonplace for new computers, I find that this product is oriented toward the future with USB and DVI in addition to traditional VGA and 3.5 mm jack, so go see the competition and you'll still Ports PS / 2 and only VGA for display!

If you need a recent changes of cards or drives, the system is probably not seeing your hard drive. Check record your BIOS settings, then remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 minutes. Change your BIOS to your previous settings if the system boots. Check the officialpage of intel page on boot problems first since a BIOS recovery may be needed. If power is not working at all the power good signal from the power supply can prevent bootup. This should be about 5V the gray wire on the 24 pin cable. I don't have any cases that make it easy to replace the power on wire of the front panel.