Thread: Working issue with my Ethernet port on ASUS P7P55D pro

Working issue with my Ethernet port on ASUS P7P55D pro

I have recently made the changes with my motherboard. I have changed my motherboard to ASUS P7P55d PRO. I am facing the issue of internet on my system. The Ethernet port on my computer is not working. For solving the issue i tried to install the motherboard CD, but did not helped me. I don't know what to do what to do with the issue? Requires some help.

Re: Working issue with my Ethernet port on ASUS P7P55D pro

Even i am facing the same problem with my Ethernet port. I tried many thing such as I make use of the support CD which i got with the motherboard, i tried to re install the driver for the motherboard etc. But inspite of doing all the fixes, i was not able to solve my problem. I am looking for a support from you. If any one having the knowledge about this please help.

I have the solution to fix this problem. Go to the start menu then in the start menu go to the run, then type the command cmd in the run and press OK. After this a command prompt will get open and then type the command ping 127.0.0.1 in the command prompt. If you get any answer it, then your Ethernet port is good and if not then it is sure that your Ethernet port is dead.
    www.techarena.in

I thought about your problem and i feel that there is problem with your Ethernet card, because even i have faced the same problem in my system and i was very much frustrated with it. I tried to fix it and in the end i was able to fix it by changing my Ethernet card, so even you can try this out. I hope that i have provided you some help on your problem.

According to me you might be having the problem with the Ethernet cable. I think that the cable might be dead or the wire must damaged do to some reasons. So you can try using a new Ethernet cable for your computer. Hope that your issue will be fixed. If not then you can give me your reply. I will try to provide you some other solution.

Finally i have solved my problem. I give my thanks to all those who have posted their replies for my problem. I think that i was having the problem with my Ethernet card, it was being damaged. I purchased a new Ethernet card for my system. After doing this thing the port started working well. Even the other people who are facing the same problem can try this solution.