Thread: Scanjet 5P- Deskscan II and Win XP

Scanjet 5P- Deskscan II and Win XP

I am trying to create my Scanjet 5p work by means of xp pro. Recommendation here was to get rid of the ISA SCSI, which I did. At present have encompassed Adaptec AHA-2940. The scanner is predictable and the control panel wizard determine to copy. The Deskscan II v2.9,on the other hand, is a predicament. The copy convenience works. Deskscan itself starts the procedure and subsequent to regarding 1/4 of a scan stops by means of the message "apologetic, the scanner has experienced an error". Not too useful. There are multiple settings on the SCSI card, most of which I do not understand. Might this be a configuration tribulations. Is there a superior program than Deskscan or the wizard?

Re: Scanjet 5P- Deskscan II and Win XP

Regrettably, you are going from side to side the similar procedure than a lot of most of them owners of unconfirmed scanners have comprised gone from side to side previous to they realized the futility and purchased a innovative scanner. Choose the deskscan executable, right hit it off, select properties, the compatibility tab, and choose the OS compatible by means of the scanner as formerly designed. This might assist.

You might try by means of Precisionscan Pro for the scanner I did by means of my 6100 C and WinXP Pro and it runs great no tribulations. If the scanner works beneath the XP Scanner hold up or maintain it be supposed to be extremely well. Do a investigate on the HP site for the Scanjet 6300C software. The version or description of PrecisionScan Pro be supposed to be 2.03 not be able to remember the name of the .exe as I renamed it extensive ago. Be warned it is a 90 odd MB file, so I anticipate you have encompassed some form of ADSL or cable, otherwise be organized for a rather long wait took me >6 hrs on a 56K dial up at night by means of obtain right download manager. Ignore the entire the XP claptrap regarding unsigned drivers, let it continue the install and you be supposed to be ok.

The one to talk to regarding getting older HP Scanners to play pleasant by means of XP or (XPee as they calls it.) I repudiate to fall for this enforced improvement marketing strategy by HP and additional, i.e. "create it obsolete so that everyone determine to by innovative products" I have comprised no intention of replacing what is fundamentally a extremely superior bit of kit which is in perfect running order even though it is getting on a bit by means of the most recent (possibly substandard in terms of build superiority, robustness etc) Immediately for the reason that HP say so and not be able to be able to provide support.

To get the HP 5P to run by means of XP Pro it get rid of the ISA 8-bit SCSI card. Replaced by means of Adaptec 2940 Bios 1.2 you are sustained or maintained to upgrading to 1.23 for XP additional than this does not come into view necessary to run the scanner. Perhaps for hard disk. Accept defaulting, do not necessitate BIOS. Determine to get communication of no Int 13 (this is card int 13 for hard disk not IRQ 13) pay no attention to it. After that you have to run set up commencing disk 1 sj166en.exe to install Deskscan II. It would not work. Subsequent to that run set up from sj673en.exe to install Precision Scan Pro. It would not work. Repeat disk 1 set up beginning sj166en.exe. At present they together work Do not be familiar with why Precision Scan Pro is a much superior program. Deskscan II does not have JPG compression additional than it appears necessary to install together of them. Anyway, works at present.

That is cool you got it running, I maintain in mind when I first got it running, I previously had Deskscan 2.9 installed. Comprise in view of the fact that rebuilt XP (perhaps that did something) and Installed Precision Scan Pro on its have possession of by means of no tribulations. It encompassed an Adaptec 2904 (yes that’s 04 not 40!) SCSI card myself (record as AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Adapter in device manager, looked this up at adapted site).

I tried each which method I might to get my HP Scanjet 5P to work by means of XP, nothing of the on line proposition worked. Deskscan II, sj166en.exe, etc in conclusion got it to run by means of XP Pro immediately by means of a standard Adaptec SCSI card, and the built in WinXP imaging software, additional than the scans looked atrocious. And it would merely do .pdf scanning I've been using this scanner and the original Paper port software that came by means of it for13 years, and I actually did not desire to give it up, in view of the fact that I have thousands of significant scanned documents in this ancient format.