Thread: How do I convert Digital 8 video tapes to computer?

How do I convert Digital 8 video tapes to computer?

I am having a digital 8 video tape from Sony which is quite large in size so because of which it is hard to port it when you go somewhere out. I heard of some technology which can be used to convert digital 8 video tapes to computer as file but not sure what is the technology or technique. I want to know about method in which this can be possible for manipulations in digital 8 video tapes do i require any application using which this can possible.

Re: How do I convert Digital 8 video tapes to computer?

You can use HVR-1950 as your external capture device and use it to convert digital 8 video tapes to MPEG files after which you can copy them all on CD/DVD. For manipulation and editing you can use Windows Movie Maker or ULead DVD Movie Factory. This makes it slow process but its handle when converting digital 8 video tapes to computer. You can solve your problem using this method which will resolve youe issue.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 05-10-2010 at 01:57 AM.

I am also looking for same issue as the size of digital 8 video tape is large which make it difficult to carry if you want to move it to some other place so it is better to convert it to some other format in computer using which it can be portable to other place. I came through certain applications which make this happen but don't have much idea on it.

One method that worked for me can be used by you to convert the digital 8 video tape and store that into computer in any format. you can use an Easycap USB to capture Video8 tapes to the computer hard drive which comes with ULead capture software using this you can save it any format as mpeg etc. Its cheaper method and will defiantly resolve digital 8 video converting issue.

I have used all the above method provided but somehow i am not able to convert the digital 8 video to my computer. I am using vista in my computer so is this the problem because of which i am not able to do the conversion. Suggest me any method which will be compatible with my computer specification. I want to have the detail for the method as i can use that for further convenience.