Thread: Splitting Audio for headset and speakers

Splitting Audio for headset and speakers

I have one headphone with inbuilt microphone and I purchased it for games. I have one problem with it. I bought it only to receive my friend’s sound when we are playing game with each other but I am getting disturbance from gaming sound also. I do not want to get game sound because. I just want to receive sound from only one application name is Ventrillo and it will help me to get my friend sound without game audio. I play battlefield 2 and there is no choice to choose output device, while in ventrillo I can alter my output device and also input device. Actually what I exactly want to do is that I want game sound via my speakers and my friends sound via my Headset but on the games I am not able to set all these settings. Now I will explain how my sound system is connected with my computer. I am using Realtek HD audio manger and my motherboard evga X58 SLI. My all speakers are connected with back panel and my headset is connected with front panel sound system.
    Is anyone can explain me how can I exchange all these audio setting? Please tell me if I am making any mistake. Every suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Splitting Audio for headset and speakers

I hope you are using latest Realtek HD Audio manger. Try these setting: go in to you Realtek and select Device Advance Settings from Top right side corner. And now chose Make front and rear output devices playback. Now go little bit down again in Device Advanced settings and make disable your front panel detection. Now make your Speakers default and also select your mic default. Now you use your application Ventrilo to choose you output device.

I was also looking for same problem and I found solution here. I am trying to apply all these settings on my system but I am not able to see Device Advanced settings but I have one folder there as disable front panel jack detection and this one is working with my both device. I also attempted to install the newest version of my audio driver but did not get success. I also want same as above one that my sound and music should some form speakers and my friends conversation through my headphone. I am using HT2000 Motherboard with windows 7 home premium (64 bit). My graphic card is Zotac Geforce 9800GT. My drivers are Realtek HD, Directx 11.0 and audio Codec is ALC C888S. If you are clever to solve my problem please give me suggestions.

Basically I like windows 7 for its security and performance but I am not able to use audio splitting on this operating system. I am not able to split audio between my speakers and headphone. I want to play my iTunes or media players playing via my speakers and gaming sound team conversation via my headphone. When I was using windows XP, I was able to split. I was just start my iTunes or any player without headset put in, and audio played normally on speakers. And after that I could put in my headphone in and all other application which starts after headphone, play their sound via headphone only. I attempt to do this on windows 7 but it’s not successful. Is anyone knows how to do all this on windows 7?

Ok I read your problem. I have seen this problem when I was new with windows 7 but now there is no problem. Just go and press your speaker’s icon and go in to the speaker’s icon and see there is any possibility to solve your problem. Right now I do not remember all setting precisely but I know when I went to device manager and I alter the default setting and transfer them to some other audio devices. Choose your speakers their as your default and then insert you headphone.

Try to use one antivirus to get rid from this entire virus available on your hard drive. I do not know about that, your CD will work or not. But you should try to use it with its original BIOS settings. Maybe your original Splash screen is hidden. Your option to do recovery may also be disabled. Actually some people hide their Splash blue screen because they find it annoying. Make your recovery enable and then try again to recover. I hope it will solve your problem.

You can solve this problem by using different different sound cards for both sound devices. I have installed one extra sound card Xonar for my headphones. I have put in on my basic sound card and my headphone is connected with Xonar sound card. So I receive sounds of my iTunes via speakers and other chatting during games I received on my headphone. You have to do some setting before all this.

Hey thanks for everybody for replying on my problem. I have solved my issue. First I was avoiding purchasing one more sound card and was looking for Erubiel solution. But I did not found any accurate setting there. When I went to my Realtek sound card, I was confused there. So later on I decide for one more sound card and now I am not facing any problem. Thanks again