Thread: Driver for MOTU 2408 MK II in Windows XP

Driver for MOTU 2408 MK II in Windows XP

I bought a card MOTU 2408 MKII, but I do not have drivers. I have tried to find it on Internet but didn't find anything. Anyone know where I can download? I have also tried on MOTU site is where I think finding it is impossible. I am working on Windows XP operating system. I am expecting that someone hanging out there will help me soon (as usual ). Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: Driver for MOTU 2408 MK II in Windows XP

You need a login from MOTU, you can create it for free without Pb. You will not find drivers specifically for 2408, but only those of the PCI card on which you connect it and manage the different models of rack that you can relate to it. Therefore, depending on the model you have and download the drivers for the PCI-324 or the PCI-424. They are all on the MOTU site.

To download the 2408MKII Drivers for Windows, you must register on the MOTU website (it's a very simple process) and then download the driver of the PCI-324 card, not the PCI-424, that are incompatible with your MOTU. Well sorry to say that if so samsam and is the 2408 MKII, it has no MIDI, and you have to buy a separate MIDI interface. Directly, I recommend the MOTU Fastlane. I have one, and no problems.

Well sorry to say that if so samsam and is the 2408 MKII, it has no MIDI, and you have to buy a separate MIDI interface. Directly, I recommend the MOTU Fastlane . I have one, and no problems!
    So what about these interfaces Midi?
    • M-Audio USB Midisport 1x1
    • M-Audio USB Midisport 2x2

You recommend to me or I'll take the Fastlane? I have little idea of the subject so any help would be helpful.

Thanks in advance to all.

It is doubtful if samsam refers to the PCI card 2408MKII or FireWire 828mkII. In the case of 2408MKIII, I must say that NO INTERFACE MIDI, so if that is what you have, do not heat the head, which has no midi device, do not try to do the Tarzan (Tarzan .... hole again ") the only thing you get is great 2408MKIII damage in the case of the 828mkII, if you have built midi device.

I have a midi sport 4x4 in the G5, and also a midi sport 1x1 on the laptop and I have a Fastlane connected to another mac with protools .... and all work to perfection, really. In the case of these models is not very important ..... I'd say if I am going to use digital performer then do not hesitate, the Fastlane ..... that was for a pc right? The MIDISPORT I've been using with cubase mac from the system 9 without problems, and now with OSX too perfect. The Fastlane I've seen both systems work perfectly well. Which would not know the truth for me to recommend the 3 are valid ....... good the case of the midi sport 1x1 would be valid if you just need a midi port ... realize the other two models, both the midi sport2x2 like Fastlane, has two ports.

Will Windows 7 Ultimate Supports Motu 2408 Mkii Card

Quote Originally Posted by keerthanalayas View Post
    Will Windows 7 Ultimate Supports Motu 2408 Mkii Card
    Yes I think that it supports Windows 7 ultimate, of you face any trouble then try the below fix:

1. Turn off the computer and remove the power cord
    2. Remove the PCI-424 card
    3. Boot the computer without the 424 card and it should just boot fine
    4. Download the latest MOTU 424 driver (WHICH WAS JUST UPDATED TODAY!!!)
    5. Install the new driver
    6. Shutdown the system, remove the power cord
    7. Install the PCI-424 card again
    8. Boot the system and all should be good!

Open the MOTU box, and found the interface, a power cord (220V-110V 50 ~ 60), a firewire cable, a small installation manual, and an extensive manual of a program for MAC, the driver came in a CD, and gave us curiosity was a BLANK CD!. Companies do this to provide you with the manufacturing of the machine, the latest stable driver and it worked.

Go to control panel, and disable the other plate that had the system, important to know that they can live two interfaces from different manufacturers without generating conflicts in the operating system.) 128samples configure latency and the clock according to the control panel of MOTU in 24/96. Motu automatically change resolution sampling. Unfortunately much they try, the USB device M-AUDIO disappeared from our setup to connect the MOTU, a fact to consider if you have a midi interface for this manufacturer. Also we will investigate a little more what happened. For that reason we could not do midi sync as wanted, so we had to use a reference groovebox, and separate outputs connected directly to the MOTU interface without passing through 01V.

I would like to discuss about the Benchmarking. As the numbers here are not synthetic and could be a benchmark of Sandra, but is under daily use in real life way to relate what happened in the tests: Until then the CPU was at 5% load, with the loaded plugin instances). Add in the 8-track 24/96 Mono project. Proceed to record the audio of the groovebox, in each channel of the MOTU. For 1 minute. When recording is finished, we test hard disk, Now playing the recorded track. In Nuendo CPU benchmark, the CPU LED indicator did not move. Proceed to add 10 more tracks, this time recording the analog and SPDIF at the same time, while playing the 8 that we had recorded. Already having 20 tracks on our record, reproduce and disk consumption led passed 10%, the CPU would stay at 20%. Seeking a greater stress, we add back 10 entries and proceed to record the same information currently playing 20 channels at once.

Good evening, this weekend I tried to troubleshoot a cousin who is a sound engineer and musician! He recently bought a sound card motu 2408 mk II + PCI 324, the problem is I can not install the drivers for this sound card. During installation the beginning it goes well then an error message appears announcing (Error Code 10). Course on before I disabled the onboard sound card to the motherboard via the bios but nothing helped. Here someone can help me to what would be really cool because he saw the price paid for this product would be a shame not to use it. Thank you all.

Here's config: CPU Intel Core Duo e6650, 2 GB RAM, 8600 GT graphics card N'Vidia, Maxtor and everything is running Windows XP 32bit.

Apparently the problem comes from the PCI slot which is supplied with 3 volts, so that the sound card MOTU claims 5 to operate. Some years back, the PCI was powered at 5 volts, I think I can solve this problem via the motherboard BIOS.