Thread: Enclosure NexStar 3 cannot spin hard drive

Enclosure NexStar 3 cannot spin hard drive

Hi all, I am having the NexStar.3 (usb2, 194a/b, esata) which is running the 1tb seagate the same as logical as well as storage drive. There is some issue in recognizing the hard drive in my computer. My computer is running the Windows XP operating system. Now I am using the esata connection and all the things are working fine but the hard drive is not able to spin. I tried to restart the computer and enclosure is on but again the same problem. I am not able to understand this problem. Enclosure should make our life easier but it is making it more complicated in my case. Can you tell me that where the exact problem is and can this be solved? Thank you.

Re: Enclosure NexStar 3 cannot spin hard drive

I think that the hard drive that you are using is dead and that is the reason that it is not spinning. I am not saying that this is the only reason but it is one of the possible reasons. I am saying this because it was the case when I was having the similar problem. I tried many things to solve the problem but was not able to resolve that. Finally I have to change the hard drive forcefully. So see if the problem can be solved but if that is not able to solve then you also have to do the same. Good Luck.

The most possible reasons for this issue is the power supply. There may be something wrong with the power supplier in your computer. If that is not providing the proper power supply to the hard drive then the hard drive will not perform properly. If you want to check that then you can try to check the hard drive in some other computer and see if that is working fine there. If it is also not working there then there may be something wrong with the hard drive but if that is working there then the problem is with the power supply. Once you are confirmed with that then you can move for the solution accordingly. Thank you.

The connection for the hard drive to the motherboard may not be proper and so it is not working. You should check all the connections properly including the power connection. If you feel that any of the connection is lose then remove that connection and connect them again properly. After this you can again try to start the computer and see if that is able to solve the problem. In many of the cases like this, I have seen that the problem comes out to be with the connection and after connecting them properly, problem resolved. You can also check the connecting cable that if they care corrupted and if that is the case then you can replace that with the new one.

When you start your computer then the hard drive that is connected to your computer should be recognized with the BIOS. If that is not able to recognize that then there is something wrong with the jumper setting of the drive. So you should check for that and change the setting accordingly. This is the first thing that you need to check in the cases like this and along with that you should check for the proper power supply and proper connection of it. So try all these things and I hope that this will help you to come out of the issue.