Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

COMCAST digital adapter box problems

Hardware Peripherals

Old 03-10-2010

COMCAST digital adapter box problems

I am having tribulations tuning in more than a few channels by means of my COMCAST digital "adapter" going into analog TVs. This comes into view to be a comparatively innovative tribulations by means of specific channels (COMCAST SPORTSNET and VERSUS on channels 38 and 37) other than I am not certain when accurately it started, additional than I be familiar with it has something to do by means of how COMCAST has distorted their signal to digital from analog, even though I do not be familiar with if this occurred from day one they did that, or if this is something innovative.

Old 03-10-2010

Re: COMCAST digital adapter box problems

This has amazing to do by means of how COMCAST's "digital adapter boxes" do not give the impression to similar to having the slightest deprivation in their input signal. This was by no means a tribulation when the TV signal was the entire analog. I might run long coax cables or split the signal mutliple ways into dissimilar VCRs etc by means of no tribulations. Additional than I locate that these digital adapters go nuts and do not work right unless they are plugged unswervingly into the cable drop by means of a wire of simply approximating 5 feet long, and if the cable is split previous to going into the digital adapter box then that screws them up.
Old 03-10-2010

Trying to run a extended cable to them they do not even run at the entire back when the cable signal was analog I used to run a extended cable from my living room to a TV in the kitchen infrequently which worked extremely well other than I have originate that in order for that to work by means of the digital adapter the adapter has to be in the living room associated straight to the wall drop by means of a short cable, then the long cable be able to be run to the kitchen meaning you not be able to change the channel without going back to the living room in view of the fact that of course the adapter box is the tuner and it is in a dissimilar room. Additional than I be able to live by means of that exasperation.
Old 03-10-2010

I have encompassed a VERIZON FIOS as my internet/phone service. The FIOS correlation comes into the house into the underground store into the utility room in to a number of types of FIOS box. To get that then in excess of to where my PCs are in the next room in the underground room, Verizon hooked their substance up to the cable run for my house, which revenue that the cable drop in my completed basement in close proximity to the TV is what is in addition used for my PCs internet correlation, by having that correlation SPLIT into two cables coming out of the wall drop, one then going in to my network router in close proximity to the PCs, and the additional then used for my TV signal in this room.
Old 03-10-2010

This worked extremely well back previous to COMCAST switched in excess of to the entire digital. Additional than at present the split cable has to go into the COMCAST digital adapter box as an alternative of unswervingly into my TV or VCRs. And it does not work right 2 of my channels are screwed up COMCAST SPORTSNET (38) and VS (37) channels which I utilize to watch sports (the Flyers and the Phillies). The COMCAST SPORTSNET (channel 38) is particularly complicated to watch. The signal continuously glitches out approximating each 10 seconds by means of visible digital artifacts and each 2 or 3 minutes or so it even drops out to a black screen by means of a communication that says "One Moment give pleasure to. Your service has been provisionally interrupted. It be supposed to be restored temporarily".
Old 03-10-2010

You must utilize high superiority splitters, not the cheap ones. Create certain the splitter has a bandwidth of at smallest amount 1000 mhz. You be supposed to be using RG6 cable not RG59. The connectors are obliged to be installed appropriately or you determine to have tribulations. By no means staple coax wires, it mashes the wire and twist up the impedance of the cable, utilize wire ties as an alternative. If there is snow subsequent to you install that, try lowering the gain of the amplifier. You be able to purchase a respectable bi directional amp at radio shack. It's not the most excellent additional than it works attractive good. You necessitate bi directional amp for your internet to run appropriately. The entire the cables be supposed to be home run to a central point, do not install a splitter into an additional splitter etc. That's the wrong technique. Immediately ask if you necessitate additional help, it's OK.
Old 05-10-2010

You be obliged to install a cable amplifier, at the position where the signal enters the house, previous to the splitters. There is too weak a signal to create it from side to side the entire of the splitters or long cables. The amplifier and splitters be supposed to be bi-directional. Radio Shack and additional manufacturers sell these units. The gain be supposed to be adjusted high sufficient to overcome the splitter loss, additional than if the gain is accustomed too high, there determine to be snow in the picture. The cable company is supposed to in addition give you sufficient signal level, additional than extremely often they do not. They determine to in addition blame tribulations on the customerís equipment.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,