Thread: Purchase Converter Box for Comcast Digital Cable

Purchase Converter Box for Comcast Digital Cable

Most of them are in the market to promote for a cable converter box for our not cable prepared TV. This is for our kitchen TV and is the merely one of our three TVs tranquil associated to the roof antenna. The customer sustained or maintain person at Comcast (my cable service provider) is useless. The entire they desires us to do is rent a box from them. I am moderately miffed at their abuse of power. Technically there is no motivation why most of them not be able to own the box. I would replace the kitchen TV by means of a cable prepared unit previous to they would rent a box from them. What are our options.

Re: Purchase Converter Box for Comcast Digital Cable

If you encompassed an old cable ready VHS VCR lying approximately, you might utilize that. Plug the cable into the VCR, and utilize its tuner to tune into the analog cable channels. Attach to your kitchen TV in excess of S-Video, Composite, or RF (if that's your merely alternative), and there you go. I am a subscriber to Comcast Analog cable. Comcast promises to carry on by means of it for a number of periods of time. On the other hand, they continue to eliminate channels from that presenting (the history channel being the most recent in a series). So I take for granted they desire to drive the subscriber to their digital offering.

In addition, be supposed to you decide that you desire to get an ATSC convertor box to continue making utilize of your antenna, be conscious that the coupons are treated as a form of tender at the time of purchase, meaning that their significance is deducted from the price you pay subsequent to tax is applied. The converter boxes that are enclosed by the $40 coupons are ATSC converters for in excess of the air customary definition digital television broadcasts. At the similar time as such a apparatus determine to permit you to maintain using your previous television by means of your antenna subsequent to the digital switchover in 2009, it determine to be of no use whatsoever for cable service. Your most excellent bet is certainly as the original reply suggests getting a cheap cable ready VCR, DVR, or DVDR to act as a cable tuner.

An innovative TV by means of a QUAM tuner would permit you to pick up several unscrambled digital channels off of the cable. How numerous you would get is the difficulty. There are standalone ATSC/QUAM HD tuners obtainable additional than they would be at least $250 and your previous TV would necessitate at least an amalgamated video and audio input which it almost certainly does not have. An innovative TV makes additional sense and you would get in excess of the air Digital TV as well.

If you required immediately the analog signals then get a previous analog cable box if you be able to get a representation that Comcast used from a local foundation it be supposed to work. Try a flea market or garage sale. Previous analog boxes that were hacked to get free of charge premium services are ineffective today so would be extremely cheap and pick up the channels tranquil obtainable. Cable companies rent their boxes to diminish theft of services so they do not desire them on the market. Digital cable boxes are much harder to hack than the previous analog boxes.

Did you constantly get your cable box. I had purchased one on ebay from a comcast user who switched to satellite. It's the indistinguishable Scientific Atlanta box that Cox uses additional than somehow they be familiar with it's not theirs so the entire I get is a screen by means of an 800 to call and be told I encompass to rent from them. Seems illegal, particularly under the present administration that immediately desires the rich to get richer and lets the cable companies do whatever they desire to create additional money.

I am an RCN purchaser in Boston, and they encompass immediately switched to digital cable requiring their cable boxes for every TV (even though based on your post, it resonance similar to I in addition have the alternative of getting innovative TVs by means of ATSC/QUAM HD tuners). I in addition had a cable associated to my PC so that I might watch TV. Do you be familiar with of several applications that I might load to continue watching the innovative digital TV, or would I have to get a innovative TV tuner card by means of ATSC/QUAM HD.