Thread: Mic problem. Gamecom 367 Plantronics headset and Realtek driver

Mic problem. Gamecom 367 Plantronics headset and Realtek driver

Friends, I am using Gamecom 367 headset. Initially it was running fine then after that it got super quiet. But now I found that it is not recording anymore unless I speak very loud y opening the mic directly. After doing that also it is very soft. I am using Realtek driver and I think that it is a driver problem but I am not sure about it. When I went to audio output master controls it shows me the "rear pink port" where I plugged it in. I am also not able to change the settings for it and it is not showing the connected headphone. Do you have any idea about such issue?

Re: Mic problem. Gamecom 367 Plantronics headset and Realtek driver

You should check the mic on any other computer and see to that if it is working there or not. If it is also not working there then it is the problem with your Mic and you should replace it with the new one and if it is working there then it is the problem with your computer and specifically with the sound driver. You should upgrade the driver and this will fix the problem.

See that if the mic you are using is detachable and if that is detachable then you should remove that insert that directly into the port and see that if it is working or not. If you find that it is working when connected directly to port then that means that you have issue with the port on your headphone. I know that this is not a solution but at least you will get the idea behind the issue.

Do you have warranty card of that? See the warranty of that and if it is under warranty then you can go for the replacement of the mic. Just go to the dealer from where you bought the headphone and see that how can he help you and if he is not able to fix it then you can send it directly to the manufacturer and they will replace it with the new one. This will be the best option for you.

Which operating system you are using? I am asking this because I was also facing the same problem in last month. I tired each and every possible solution which I know but after doing all I got nothing. I am using Windows 7. Finally when I went to mic property and raised the mic volume then I got boost in the sound. I got the issue solved by a simple setting. You should also try this and I hope this will also help you.

Hey, thank you very much for your reply and suggestion. The setting that you are telling is very common and that was the first thing that I tried to get it solved but it fails. Any person who has the general knowledge about the computer would do this as they see any of such issue. I think this issue is something more than that and it requires some advance knowledge to fix it. I am thinking to call the technician for that.

This is definitely a driver problem. Your sound driver may be corrupted or may not be functioning properly and causing such issue. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the sound driver from your computer and restart your computer. It will automatically detect the hardware connected to it and reinstall the appropriate driver for the particular device. And even that is not helping you then you can download the latest driver from internet install that on your computer. In many of such cases reinstalling the driver solves the issue.