Thread: Keyboard and Mouse won't work at Vista login screen

Keyboard and Mouse won't work at Vista login screen

Hi all,
    I am using an Acer 3050-1733 which is running under Windows Vista Home Edition. Yesterday when I tried to log into the Vista, I found that my keyboard and mouse is not working. My keyboard and mouse is working if I am not at the Vista logon screen. If I go to BIOS setting, keyboard also works fine there. What may be the reason behind this problem? Please help me. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Keyboard and Mouse won't work at Vista login screen

This seems to be a battery issue. You should remove the battery and start the phone only with the AC power supply. Now go to the logon window and try to use mouse and keyboard. If it work then it gives the clear idea that you have problem with your laptop battery. just replace the old battery with the new one and this will definitely solve the problem.

Have you tried any external mouse or keyboard on your laptop? It seems very strange that is is happening with the laptop. Windows 2000 and Windows XP may get confused when you swap the PS/2 keyboard with USB keyboard and it will not load the USB drive for the keyboard or mouse. I hope that it will give you some idea about this problem and will help you to get it solved. Good Luck.

This may be the driver problem. You should go to the Acer site and from there you have to download the the drivers for your keyboard and mouse for the laptop. Put the downloaded driver to jump drive. After that put the usb stick in the laptop. Boot your laptop in safe mode and reinstall then in safe mode only. After that reboot your system normally and this will make it workable now.

There may be problem with your BIOS settings. Restart your computer and keep on pressing Del button while it is loading and it will let you to the BIOS settings. Use an external keyboard if your keyboard also not working in BIOS settings. Restore the settings to its default and reboot the system and this may solve the issue if it is a problem with the BIOS settings.

The easiest way to do that is to boot the system and keep pressing F8 keys. This will let you to the safe mode. There you should select the option for "last good configuration". After that again reboot the system and login as normal. This will avoid the lock issue with the keyboard and mouse. I hope this will help you to get out of the issue.

Thank you very much friends for your response. It was a problem with the battery and therefore I changed my laptops battery with the new battery. And This solves the issue for me.