Thread: Removing DVD drive on Sony Vaio VGN-FJ1S

Removing DVD drive on Sony Vaio VGN-FJ1S

Hi friends,
    I hope that someone here can help me. I want to remove the DVD drive on my laptop so that I can take the top cover off. But I am not able to do that. I removed all the screws which was there at the back of laptop but still I am not able to open it. I can not any more screw over it which is not opened. Can you tell me the way to do it. I tried my best but not succeeded. Any help from anybody will be appreciative. Thank you.

Re: Removing DVD drive on Sony Vaio VGN-FJ1S

There is another support to laptop other than those screws which is called as release catch. Your computer may be locked with a release catch. You can found that at the base of the laptop. This is the primary fitting to your laptop. You should remove all the screws and after that use release catch to open the laptop. Or there may be some screws which are hidden because I have seen such screws under the keypad.

Why do you want to remove the DVD drive? Before doing anything to your laptop you should check the warranty card. If it is still under warranty period then you should take it to the manufacturer and ask them to solve the issue because once you open your laptop and broken the seal then it will be out of warranty and next time you will have to pay for any such issue.

First of all you have to remove every screw from the bottom bezel. After removing the screws you have to remove the keyboard and disconnect printed cable. If you have already removed the screws then you can loosen the top bezel push the keyboard up with the help of your figure. You can lose the slide lock on connector with a light push and that will remove your printed cable. After removing the keyboard you have to remove the screws which are holding the shield under it and this will open the laptop.

Once you remove the bottom bezel of the laptop and removed the shield under the keyboard then you will find your laptop open in front of you. Remember that laptop is very delicate machine and you should not disturb the things that you don’t know. It will be harmful to you only. Just open the screws for DVD drive disconnect it from laptop and remove it gently from the laptop and replace it with new one if you want. Again fit the screws very tightly.