Thread: Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition and Windows 7

Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition and Windows 7

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop running on Windows 7 32-bit operating system and installed a software "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB" which is also known as "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition" on my laptop. Now I planned to upgrade my operating system on my laptop, all are working well except the sound software(Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition). After installation the software does not works and give me a message that “There is no supported media device”. I tried also in the Windows Vista compatibility mode, but fails. I have installed the sound card which is Sigmatel hardware. Is there any patch or update for make the software working? Or other solution for the problem?

Re: Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition and Windows 7

I think the problem is not in the software which is compatible with your windows 7, it is for the operating system. The message (no detection of any media device) that you are getting is for the not properly installed in the Windows 7. May be the software may not be supported on the windows 7 Sigmatel driver. Though the Sigmatel Vista drivers are also works fine in Windows 7. Download any vista driver and then again try for the software installation.

The signatures of the driver file in windows 7, for install any software it need any patch or fix. I think Dell is not supports any this kind of patch for the drivers. I know the software "Creative Sound Blaster X-fi MB" is having a patch which runs in 64-bit windows 7. Dell include the patch in their upgrade kit which are updated from vista to windows 7. X-fi MB works here. If you still now got no patch for the software in windows 7 32-bit, then I recommend you, upgrade in windows 7 64-bit operating system.

There is no patch for the software “Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition”. I also had a that type of problem in my Dell computer, then I upgrade to “SRS Audio Sandbox”, it works fine in my computer. Would like to suggest you to upgrade in SRS Audio Sandbox, it will surely works in your laptop, go for it. It will help you, but remember that after installation make a proper setting with the sound card.

There are two other activities are needed with activation of Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition with windows 7, one is Creative media source and the other one is Creative wave studio. It having the equalizer, the enhancements and the EAX effects etc. All Dell machines are needed to patch with these. It is works like a software suite in windows 7, though window 7 itself having no driver. You will not get it in a free version from creative.