Thread: TIVO to PC connection without a ROUTER

TIVO to PC connection without a ROUTER

Hello,
    Having a TiVo series 2 with a Dell computer and planned to hooked the TiVo with the computer. Sharing a wireless connection from a remote area. The Ethernet port is not working my wireless PC card. Do i need to plug it into a router first? The USB is also not connected with the TiVo to my PC, what should I do? My neighbor is also having a router, but when I tried to connect with its wireless adaptor , my wireless PC is not recognized by that one. Any idea will be appreciated…

Re: TIVO to PC connection without a ROUTER

You should able to connect it with the crossover cable. Also check the network setting of your router. If there is any fault you found, then reconfigure that one with a proper setting. Though it is not a mass storage device, and also the file is not simply stored in the TiVo, that is why the USB is not recognized by your PC.

According to your post, you might be able to connect with other router from the remote area by creating a peer to peer connection into your TiVo PC with the wireless card. But the TiVo pc will not internet connectivity in that way. And at the same time you are also not permitted to connect with some other router from the remote area or the neighbor home.

There are some wireless bridges, which are designed to work with X-Box and the Play station, that will fulfill the need. In this way you can stay with the wireless and no other extra cable will be runs. Also you get a USB ethernet adapter to connect your PC with the Tivo. Then you can able to set up a internet connection sharing your PC and the TiVo, as well as with other routers directly.