Thread: Dell Inspiron 1720 - No External Mic since moved to Windows 7

Dell Inspiron 1720 - No External Mic since moved to Windows 7

I am using this Dell Inspiron 1720 from last many months and there was a Windows Vista on this laptop and there was not a single problem with this laptop but since i have upgraded it to the Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, I am not able to use an External Mic with this laptop where as an internal one is working properly. What could be the problem with this laptop now, Is there any settings which might have missed by me.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1720 - No External Mic since moved to Windows 7

It is very possible that this is the microphone that is clear, therefore, to reactivate vista: Right click the volume icon next to the clock -> recording device -> Save tab -> right click in the window of devices -> select "Show Disabled Devices" -> normally the microphone was turned off, reappears, right click on it (yes it is a history of right click: o) and ACTIVATE.

I had the same problem from seven until he 's one hour, I solved my problem as always quibble left to right. Here is the procedure which allowed me to reactivate my microphone: Panel-"audio equipment"-his "record," properties, "General," edit-parameters "Pilot" software update and normally be asked to seek an update on the net or on the computer, take the option on the net and normally c finite, it is therefore sufficient to restart the system.

First of all i would like to suggest you to install the latest drivers for your external devices on your windows operating system and it is recommended to install the Realtek drivers which are much better to control the sound problem of windows operating system. Once you have installed this drivers then you can easily select for the device which you have just connected. But make sure that your system has a proper usb drivers.

For information, microphone plugs into the pink jack (mic) on the front or back of the PC. If you plug the microphone jack on a light green (headphones), it is indeed possible that your microphone acts like a loudspeaker. On your microphone, there is a button with two positions to enable / disable the sound. Make sure the button is in the right position (see the manual need the microphone or to test).

In Windows, you must make sure that the microphone is unmuted (box "Mute" unchecked). Make a right click on the speaker near the clock, selected Recording Devices, Click on the icon Microphone (if it does not appear, make a right-click an empty area of the frame and check both boxes), and then click Default. A check mark should appear. Audacity must also be configured to record the sound from the microphone jack.