Thread: Tascam Portastudio question for a helpless newbie

Tascam Portastudio question for a helpless newbie

I have, for a pair of years, been mucking concerning with a definitely entry-level Tascam MF-P01 Port studio, which is to speak, their slightest expensive creation. That being said, in recent times I have established that it does not create noise throughout playback on any of the four tracks - still there is amp hiss and sound from the microphone when I turn up the volume, so it is not a difficulty with the earphone jacks. Furthermore, recording works well on all four tracks; as I play the outcomes back on other decks and notice no dilapidation in quality. This machine is about four years old but has simply seen about eighteen months of continued - if infrequent - use. So what is the reason that it is not playing?

Re: Tascam Portastudio question for a helpless newbie

Regarding this I seriously doubt that it is the heads. , if you are listening a microphone you must be in record mode, there is a instruction booklet on line - are you utilizing the 2 RCA outs intended for the playback? And in that just you unplug that at the time of trying to playback. And seriously you unplug your phones.

I have read your problem and related to this I just want to know that did you clean the playback head at any time? And maybe it is built up with crud I think which will lead to the signal loss. And you just are careful if you have decided to do this. And I will restart with a Q-tip and deionizer water and it will better yet follow the directions in the manual.

Hey I think my reply will solve your issue. Because it has solved my issue which is on my MF P01, and after a lot of work and really someone may still find this useful. Mine also would not play back on some of the channels but would record. The difficulty was on the inferior board, capacitors C105, C205, C305 and C405, all are 220uF, rated at 10V - on a 9V machine! And in this all four goes to leaky and I think which is mean that that the op-amps each were linked to got a bias which drove the output to 8.5V and no output. So that is why I have replaced all the capacitors with the new ones then it started to work again.

I am also just learning to play guitar and almost certainly have no business still trying to record just yet. But I am, so let me inquire about the 2 RCA line outs on the back of this recorder. And in this what kind of lines are these and what am I invented to hook and eye them up to, because I am having the similar difficulty. I am able to record but not here the playback.