Thread: Dell Studio XPS 8100 2.8GHz and SB X-Fi Xtreme PCI Express Issues

Dell Studio XPS 8100 2.8GHz and SB X-Fi Xtreme PCI Express Issues

I am using a Dell Studio XPS 8100 machine and i have specially bought this desktop for gaming purpose. I was playing Battlefield 2 on this system and the game does not sounds better. This machine has a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express still it is not enough to get the clear sound while playing game on it. I am getting very much popping and crackling on this game. Same kind of problem happens while playing the Day of Defeat.

Re: Dell Studio XPS 8100 2.8GHz and SB X-Fi Xtreme PCI Express Issues

It appears from the brand that pops and mini-breaks in the sound are due to the RAM of the PC, especially when the X-Fi sharing this memory devices with other PCI or PCI-Express cards as eg video. In this case, Creative's engineers were able to reproduce these problems on their test machines, they would cause an increase in latency of the memory in response to requests from the sound card. Indeed, the X-Fi audio product flow from a constant reading and real-time data stored in RAM buffer, and if another card takes priority over the RAM, this buffer can be emptied in causing an interruption of the audio stream for a very short time.

There are currently two solutions provided by the mark. The first is an update to the BIOS of the motherboard, that would solve the problems in some models. Creative but leans more towards a second solution: the configuration of the system RAM in Dual Channel. Obviously, it will bring two RAM sticks, but Creative has well resolve otherwise, and more universally, the problem. The brand has also seen some games that glutted the DSP algorithms, such as CMSS-3D and 24-bit Crystalizer. In these cases, sound can also "jerk" or jump for a few brief moments. The solution would be to lower the volume of the Wave output under Windows, or directly in the game

I had, to a lesser extent, the same problem which remains with the audio chipset on my motherboard (P5Q Pro). Crackles at the start of Dr. Lavigne and 400 of Y during slow flight. I wonder if this is not our software aircraft that do not support this sound definition. Try to change your sound file of the plane with one that accepts the 5.1 surround sound (because I think it's at least what you have) and see if you still crackles. I think if the aircraft is past the sound is only stereo.

You have tried other speakers or headphones to see if the pb does not come from them. Otherwise you can try with another player and other audio drivers but a priori this should not be bound. Think about whether the pb is not bound to a bp load CPU tries to play songs without asking anything else to your PC. If the cracks persist, run the task manager and make sure they do not correspond to a high CPU load.

Crackle probably correspond to the charge / discharge of a capacitor or an inductance and so it's likely that you can solve the pb. taking a sound card as a PCI Express. Remains a small risk that it is the power of your PC that is in question and generates these parasites but I do not know how to determine in advance without trying another diet or other graphics card But the risk is minimal, it is certainly sound card.

Some sound card, Audigy including but not limited to, can sometimes produce cracking if coupled with some Nvidia chipset motherboard (the pb comes rather from the motherboard chipset and refresh the PCI bus as sound card). But your motherboard Intel 875P Chip is being a priority that none of your bp hence my suggestion to adopt a Creative. That said, you could take Terratec which also offers very good sound reproduction.

I think the problem comes from the creative software, connection of the card, seven immediately installs the drivers and there is no need to install the software constructer. In wanting to correct the problem, even when I did, but the software does not. I read on other forums that it was the sound card that will distribute stereo sound on the other speakers, so I think the problem is that the software does not work.