Thread: How will i get a driver for the 1525 Wireless PCIE Card

How will i get a driver for the 1525 Wireless PCIE Card

I have a Dell Studio XPS desktop at my home with windows XP installed in it. I to have a wireless 1525 card.The computer is connected to the router which is present next to it by an Ethernet cable. I want to use my wireless card in a Vostro 400 running on the operating system VISTA 32-bit. Will i be able to do this? I want the driver for doing this activity. Please suggest the proper site where i can download the driver.

Re: How will i get a driver for the 1525 Wireless PCIE Card

Hello,
    After looking at your problem .I finded that your card should work in the Vostro. But i am not sure that you will get the Vista driver any where. For this reason i will suggest you to try the driver of the Windows 7 OS. This windows -7 driver is available on the internet, on the Microsoft site. The downloading is free from there. If you need some more help then let me know.

First of i thank you for giving the reply.I followed you suggestion of using the driver of windows -7. I downloaded the driver and when i was trying to install the driver then the error message occurred prompting that i cannot run the software on this platform. I even tried the driver of Vista -32 bit, but getting the same error message while installation. Do any one have any idea about this problem?

I think you are doing some thing wrong while installing the driver or your windows software might be corrupted. I will advice you to remove the windows software and again reinstall it on your system. After reinstalling the windows software now you try to install the driver for your 1525 wireless card. Hope this will be able to fix your driver problem.

Thanks for your advice. I have got the solution for this issue. The problem is not with the windows software, but the problem was related with the viruses in the system, my Pc was having lot of viruses in it, that's why it was not allowing to install the driver. I downloaded a fresh copy of Norton anti virus. With this i scanned the whole system and now every thing is working fine. I am able to install the driver for my 1525 card.