Thread: Dell Studio One 19 wont boot after Bios update

Dell Studio One 19 wont boot after Bios update

I have recently updated BIOS of my Studio One 19 computer which I got from Dell website. But I think this was my big mistake because now I am unable to boot into my computer. After upgradation, I was asked to restart my computer but since then I am unable to get Windows boot. It just gives me a black screen. How can I fix this problem?

Re: Dell Studio One 19 wont boot after Bios update

Well this occurs if you have not either downloaded or installed the BIOS properly and since it didn't went complete operation, the BIOS got corrupted. So look for "BIOS RECOVERY" or directly contact the Dell team to recover your BIOS. They should provide you a proper error-free file to flash your BIOS.

I think you have not installed the BIOS properly which is the reason why you are facing this problem. In order to install it, note down the location of the file on the computer and restart the computer in the Command prompt. Launch the file from the command prompt and let it complete. Also make sure all of your computer components such as ram, hard disk etc are properly connected.

Turn off the computer and remove the power cable from the wall. Keep pressing the power button on the system for approx. 10 sec. Now leave the button, open the case and remove the motherboard CMOS battery. Again keep pressing the power button again for approx 30 sec. Re-place the CMOS battery at the same place, close the case and see if it boot up.

I think then you have to flash your BIOS from the floppy drive. Format one floppy drive, delete all files on it except COMMAND.COM, IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS and copy the .exe file that you have downloaded on this floppy drive. Insert this floppy into your computer and boot. Make sure your first boot device is your floppy drive. It should automatically start from floppy and flash the BIOS. Let it complete its operations and you'll see that it restarts after sometime.

There is not problem with the BIOS version. Its not Dell who is having the faulty BIOS.It may be due to some of users now a days updates the motherboard BIOS with the help of windows based flash utility. This is where the problem lies. The main thing that most of the users are unaware about is that this involves interference from other applications running in Windows platform and thus generating another problem. Avoiding it is the only solution to this problem.