Thread: Dell Inspiron 560 random shut downs

Dell Inspiron 560 random shut downs

I have Dell Inspiron 560 random shutdown problem. Both the CPU fan and power supply fan seems to be running. I've also checked the CPU temperature and it doesn't seem to be too hot. However I have noticed that this computer will shut down only when I am using it. I didn't find any information on the web about this specific the issue. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Re: Dell Inspiron 560 random shut downs

The first impression to your problem seems to me that your psu has failed. Try to download SPEEDFAN to monitor temperatures and voltages. Also download cpu-z to monitor the cpu temperatures if its getting too hot. You may also have to check if your processor is placed properly or not.

What about your Windows Event Viewer, what does it say? Check it and see if it reports or points out to specific fault. Their should be atleast some warning message stating why it is shutting down unconditionally. Occasionally, removing dust from inside works fine. Many a time although the fan works the dust prevents it from cooling the system.

Did you checked your memory with memtest? Also try replacing CPU and CPU Heatsink. Make sure the thermal paste between the cpu and heatsink is properly applied. Click on Start, Control panel and then System. Click on Advanced tab, then Settings. Untick "automatically restart."

i have same issue with this shitty dell ins desktop..

A) 1st it didn't complete the diagnostic test. and couldnt boot in safe mod.
    I cleaned inside and unplug and plug all cables. now it wil boot in safe mod.

B) It passed all the diagnostic test, then diagnostic utility prompt me to complete some more test that will take approx 30 min, i choose YEs.

It was just started when the machine shut down at its own..

i restart the machine and ran Superantispyware after few min same shit happens..

I am really pissed off..

I think Processor malfunctioning.

There can be two possibilities for this issue if you are not facing any blue screen issue. First is the PSU. It is the power supply of your system which is failing after a particular time. For a testing support you will need to check for the substitute power supply. Second is that your cpu is heating over limit. You can check that in bios. Enter bios and see the cpu temperature. If this goes after sometime then the system crashes automatically. This happen due to damage cpu cooling.