Thread: Keyboard Failure at startup for XPS 400

Keyboard Failure at startup for XPS 400

I have seen most of the DELL laptops going out of the order, but this time I think the limits have been crossed. This time I do not know what in the world is going on with my Dell XPS 400. All the USB ports of the XPS 400 have failed to work. The problem is even worst because whenever I try to connect the keyboard via the USB I get a message saying Keyboard Failure. Because of this error I even cannot get into the BIOS. Is there anyone who can help me out of this?

Re: Keyboard Failure at startup for XPS 400

How did you come to know that the USB of the Dell XPS 400 is out of order? Did you try connecting any other USB keyboard or any other USB stick? Are you sure that the keyboard is not having any problem? It could be possible that the keyboard may be the culprit. Please confirm this and please let us know. We will help you out as soon as you will let us know about all this things.

Thanks for the response. On your suggestion I tried inserting the pendrive in the USB slot, and as I had expected it did not get detect. Also I tried using the other keyboard that I was having on the other computer, and it even did not work. Well I took this keyboard that worked on that desktop. I think this much clearance would be well enough to say that keyboard is not the culprit it is the XPS 400. Well now what do you suggest?

I am sure that this issue with the XPS 400 has already risen. In your case as well I fear that the only solution is replacement of the motherboard. I can suggest you no more than this. If at all you want, you can wait for more of the answers from the members of this forum to help you out with this situation. The only safe and solid solution although is the replacement alone. If your system is under warranty then please make it fast.

Yes I do feel that the replacement will serve all the need. I would have asked you to use a PS/2 keyboard so that you can go for the changes in the BIOS, but I have already found that this model of the XPS 400 does not contain the PS/2 so I do not think that you can get more help for this. Well I will try to help you in this respect if however I can get anything for you, till then I can only suggest you to be patience or move your foot for the replacement. Best of Luck.

I think that you have all the most probable solutions that you could possibly do to get out of this situation. The only other thing I might put forward would be to make use of a USB hub. Try to connect the keyboard to the hub and from the hub to the computer. I do not know if this will really help, but this is all what at this time I can suggest. If you want more help then you can visit the following link: Keyboard Still Won't Work on Startup

huiru Guest

I can suggest you no more than this. If at all you want, you can wait for more of the answers from the members of this forum to help you out with this situation. The only safe and solid solution although is the replacement alone. If your system is under warranty then please make it fast."yes,I also want to know this problem. Whether a meticulous again?

Thank you all of you for the various suggestions but I do not think that this could be really my cup of tree, to go for the HUB like thing. I will definitely try to look the thread and follow the simple and basic steps that have been given there and would report soon if something helped me out. Well I had also given the PS/2 a first thought but yes this model does not have the PS/2 port. Thanks you took care of that point. If nothing worked then I think replacement will be right option.