Thread: Epson Stylus Photo 830 not working in Windows 7

Epson Stylus Photo 830 not working in Windows 7

I just changed my PC and I now Windows 7. But my printer still works fine and I'm wondering if there is a possibility of reinstalling Windows 7. I am not used to with the hardware parts. I just know about the programming and some applications that are required to support that languages. I am totally newbie to printers. Please help me to solve my problem. I am expecting that someone hanging out there will help me soon.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 830 not working in Windows 7

With the launch of Windows 7, the pilot of a number of older devices (present on the original CD supplied with the product) will no longer be compatible. It is possible that drivers are available on the Internet. You can check the article on their official site shows how to use the update function integrated into Windows 7 to install the latest driver for your product.

The following are the steps that can definitely help you :
    1. Turn your printer or multifunction handset and connect the printer or the handset to the computer via a USB cable. A notification area appears in the lower right system tray informing you that a new device was detected.
    2. Click the Start button (Start), then click Printers and Devices (peripherals and printers).
    3. The list of installed printers will appear. Click the right mouse button on the printer called Epson ESC / P 2. Then click with the left mouse button on the Properties option (Properties) from the menu that appears.
    4. In the window that appears, click the option Update to Latest Version (Update to the latest version).
    5. You must then confirm the connection to the Internet to search for updates to drivers. Click OK to continue.
    6. The software then connects to the Internet to find the latest drivers. If the search is successful, a screen informing you that a new driver has been detected is displayed. Click Yes (Yes) to begin downloading the update.
    7. The download of driver starts. Once the download is complete, the confirmation window appears below. Click OK to continue.
    8. In the window that appears, verify that the correct printer name is displayed and click OK to continue.
    9. Accept the license agreement to continue.
    10. Select the geographical area corresponding to your country and click OK to continue.
    11. At the next screen, click Install (Installer).
    12. When the screen below prompts you, make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the computer via a USB cable.
    13. A message will appear informing you that the installation is complete. Click OK to complete the installation process.

Well if it installation out of the box in Windows Vista it should in Windows 7? I can't consider they say it works out of the box in Vista, as they did not even support it under Windows XP x64. Do you are familiar with if there is a workaround to get it to run on windows 7? I imagine it is really a fritter away buying an additional printer, as I just use my system for games and to write the abnormal letter which my old Epson 830 is perfect for.