Thread: Popping problem in altec Lansing ADA995 speaker

Popping problem in altec Lansing ADA995 speaker

With me i am having a dell 8300 desktop and also have a Altec Lansing speakers ADA995 . I have a problem in my left speaker, my speaker is popping like a capacitor. I want to know that where the problem actually lies in my system. Is there problem with my speaker or some other problem. How i will be able to solve my problem? Please help me out.

Re: Popping problem in altec Lansing ADA995 speaker

On the different outputs in the SoundBlaster card you need to plug the headset. Now you have to see that is there any pop-up in the headset. If you do not hear the sound, then there is problem in the speaker. If you are able to hear the sound in the headset then you need to reset your SoundBlaster sound card. Hope it will solve your issue.

Dr. V Guest

The same kind of problem was even faced by me. I suffering from the same popping in my speaker, but this thing was happening in my right speaker. One of my friend suggested to change my speaker. Then i purchased new speaker and now the speakers are working fine. You might also be having the same problem with your speaker. So you can try this solution of changing the speaker.

Even i am facing the same problem in my speaker, but the problem is bit different from the above. My problem is that my both the speakers are producing the same popping sound. I have tried the solution reseting the sound-blaster card , but it is not solving my issue. So i require a help on this issue you all. Hope you will provide me. Thanks .

By trying the solution posted above i founded that the problem was not with the sound card, but the problem was with my speakers. After this i immediately changed my speaker and now my both the speakers are working fine without any popping sound. I will recommend even others to try the same thing as they might also be having the same issue with their speakers.