Thread: Cartridge error message on HP 1210v PSC scanner

Cartridge error message on HP 1210v PSC scanner

Recently bought a HP laptop compatible with windows 7 operating system along with have an HP1210v PSC. Using this one from 2 years. And got a flashing light in the printer cartridge. Diagnose the problem with the HP, and it flashes me that “the black printer cartridge is a wrong one”. I don’t think so that it is an issue for the “out of ink”. What is this problem, can’t understand why it happens. Any patch or idea to fix it?

Re: Cartridge error message on HP 1210v PSC scanner

Open the flip of the both black and color of the ink cartridge, and check under of the lids. You found a part of the black plastic full loaded, (which is used to push the cartridge against the print contents). The small part of the plastic in the front may broken, if you can put a little part of the plastic or a small folded part of a paper, and push it to your cartridge front side, by this when you close the lid it will push the ink for printing.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

It may occur for the cartridge expiration date is over. Check this one on the body of the cartridge. Also check whether the computer and system are properly set or not. If you found that your cartridge is expired from the date, then changes it with a new one. A new full loaded will may overcome this problem.

I have a same problem. Recently bought a HP 950xi PSC and got the same error message whenever I go for print any page. Inserted a new cartridge, completely clean. The message is "cartridge is not a correct one". I don’t think so it is a problem in cartridge, it may for the mechanical contact problem. Any suggestion to overcome the problem...
    Last edited by Viraana; 27-09-2010 at 05:36 PM.

I had a that kind of problem, after got problem I refill the cartridge with a needle. Through the latching mechanism. A drill will allow this, a carbide tool, a small Dermal saw. I pull the color to the cartridge, and refill it. Remember about the overfilling, after that the printing is working well. Would suggest you to refill it, it will works.