Thread: No Sound on Compaq Presario 5000

No Sound on Compaq Presario 5000

I have the branded PC of the Compaq Presario 5000 which is install with the windows xp and now I am having the issue with my sound not working on my computer. I am not able to hear any sound when I play CD or any mp3 file on the computer even though it shows that the sound is working properly. It does not show and any cross or error sign on the speaker symbol.So I need to know the proper guidance for the sound prolem in my computer.

Re: No Sound on Compaq Presario 5000

It seems that your sound card that the original which is on the motherboard is not working or have spoiled so you need to replace it with the new motherboard sound card but for that you have to get that company sound card or you can go for the external sound card. For this you have to uninstall the older sound card and replace it with the new sound card and for the external sound card the SoundBlaster is the good choice.

It is also possible that you must have not properly done with the driver of the sound and for this you would will be not able the hear the sound. Then just uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver once again but this time installed it from the motherboard CD and after the installation is done go in the device manager and then right click on the sound driver and go for the update it with the latest version of sound driver.

I was facing the same problem with my desktop computer and got it fix by skipping the part of the Bios setup instead of that go in the device manage by putting the right click on the my computer and select the properties and then click on the hardware tab then in the bottom of the device manager and then go for the windows search online update and then after some time you will find that the windows will install the SoundBlaster audio on your computer and you will find in the control panel in the sound and audio section the speaker name so its that you are fix with your problem.

As you can fix your issue with the sound problem in windows by checking the that your sound card is working properly then go in the setting of the device manager but make sure you are login with the administrator account. You have the sound, video and game controller category so you need to check is the sound card is listed that means it is install if it is nit listed then you need to install it.

If there is no sound on your computer and then you may try different driver on your computer or go with the Realtek ALC Series AC97 driver on your computer and the best you just check out the driver by double clicking on the setup of the driver and follow the wizard by following the proper way. So you just make an attempt with this driver which might solve your problem.

If you are not getting the sound output on your speaker then first check the sound driver is install in your computer or not. If the driver is installed successfully the just open your CPU and remove your sound card and just clean the slot of the sound card and try to refix it properly and tight it on its slot of the motherboard and then boot your computer then you might be get solve with the problem of sound on your computer.