Thread: Excessive pushing motherboard can damage it

Excessive pushing motherboard can damage it

Hello to all. A new brand issue with me and my new brand corsair system cabinet. I am not sure that it is related with the cabinet itself. But the symptoms I observed are showing the same thing. Recently I bought corsair 800 D cabinet. This looks really great on the system. It looks really safer. But the thing which I am facing is only because of my mistake. Because while fitting the motherboard on the cabinet I pressured excessively on the board and it gave a small sound. It was like breaking something on the motherboard. When I attempted to start the system after completing all the fittings and connections. But the system was not booting. No beeps, no display at all. No LED’s were lighting. What can be the issue?

Re: Excessive pushing motherboard can damage it

Now what to say about your problem. I must say you are a real researcher. But preferring to buy costly products for researches well. This may become very costly for you. One thing I would like to say whenever you are having doubt about your own jobs you must consult a knowledgeable person. But for now I would like to suggest checking all the power connections. Specially check the motherboard and SMPS connections. I don’t think any other problems can evolve after doing any such mistakes.

Hmmm, a costly researcher is dying behind the problems arised by his silly mistakes. Here as you have applied excessive pressure on the motherboard it may be possible that due to excessive pressure some of the IC’s on the board may have got damaged due to that the system is not able to start. The same problem was faced by me when I bought my AMD and Asus combination of motherboard and processor. When I was trying to fit it in the cabinet that time I used excess of pressure to fit the board accordingly with the spool holes. But it affected the processor somehow. When I consulted technician I have to replace my processor as it has been malfunction.

Dude!! Be careful while making any kind of electric related connection works. Always wear rubber slippers in the legs. Because one of my friend was openly handling the motherboard and it gave him a lot of hurts in his hand. This gave him teachings of handling the electric elements very much safely. Same case is applicable for the guy who has problem here. It is a problem related with power connections. Because faulty devices give some beeps. But as you described about no beeps. It can be the power problem check whether the cpu fan is works and stops. If it is happening then the cpu fan may be faulty. Kindly check out for the same. Whether it is fitted properly or not…..

Yes, even my suggestion is to check out with the power connections. When there are no beeps in the system then you can easily conclude that the problem is related with the power connections. And by simply putting them properly into their sockets the problem can be fixed. Also check that RAM is fitted properly. It maybe another possibility. So before coming on any particular conclusion check out all the situations. And if it is not problem then make sure that your SMPS is working properly. Do it……