Thread: Dell Optiplex Gx280 Will Not Recognize Usb Mouse Keyboard

Dell Optiplex Gx280 Will Not Recognize Usb Mouse Keyboard

My uncle has gifted me a new desktop computer of Dell Optiolex GX280 6 month before and it was working dine but recently I am having with my USB mouse and keyboard which are not detected by my computer. I don't know what has got wrong with my PC. I have also checked by BIOS system properly but do not found any solution. So now I am just looking for the proper solution to get solve with my problem.

Re: Dell Optiplex Gx280 Will Not Recognize Usb Mouse Keyboard

When you are facing with the problem of not detecting the USB mouse and keyboard then you have to start your computer in the Safe mode with the command prompt which will actually not load your windows and then your keyboard will be recognized and you will be able to work with the function of keyboard. In the command prompt you have to type the command like %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and the press the enter button. Then the command will open the system restore application and then you have to select the rollback option on which your keyboard has been working.

The windows driver provide the facility with the simple plug and play devices. It is nothing proprietary about a keyboard and the mouse which can be connected with the USB port. It can be the possibility that your bios is not updated so updating your bios or flash your bios through the DOS command prompt then the problem of the keyboard and mouse will be solved.

I was also facing the same problem on my Dell Optiplex GX280 so then I went for the DUSE file which is used to modify the Autoexec.bat and the Config.sys file of the system. In the bios you have to check that the USB legacy is enable or disable and also make sure that the usb drivers are installed in the computer by checking it from the device manager in the system.

Previously I was facing the same problem and using the PS/2 keyboard so I just went to the BIOS and set the legacy to auto detect and just save the setting enable and then restart my computer then I remove the PS/2 keyboard and connected the USB keyboard to your computer. If the PS/2 keyboard is disconnected then the USB keyboard is automatically detected by the system.

If you are not able to detect the USB Mouse and Keyboard so you can get into your bios setting to know whether the USB mouse and keyboard is enable in the bios and to get in the bios setting you need to get in the bios by pressing the del or F2 button continusously when your computer at the begining of the windows start up.

Dell workstation 390 desktop not recognising keyboard commands on initial startup, Hi all,just reading thru all answers to similar problem but cant find solution, on initial bootup the only key my box recognises is the "enter" key,cant even initiate F12 or F8.Any thoughts please.

Quote Originally Posted by chukks69 View Post
    Dell workstation 390 desktop not recognising keyboard commands on initial startup, Hi all,just reading thru all answers to similar problem but cant find solution, on initial bootup the only key my box recognises is the "enter" key,cant even initiate F12 or F8.Any thoughts please.
    If you have a USB keyboard and mouse, copy these three files from your pc (they are Windows' USB drivers):
    a. Hccoin.dll (c:\WINDOWS\system32)
    The following are found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers)
    b. Usbehci.sys
    c. Usbhub.sys
    d. Usbport.sys

Copy them to their respective locations via floppy (yes, I said floppy) or cd by booting to an MS-DOS prompt. Once you have them copied – the USB keyboard and mouse will work.