Thread: HP C4580 Printer says Cartridge missing/Not detected

HP C4580 Printer says Cartridge missing/Not detected

I bought my HP C4580 about 2-3 months ago As I need a printer for printing all my documents and it worked very well and I use it daily as I need to print a large number of data on daily basis. But today when I turned my printer on, I got an Error message- “Print Cartridge(s) missing or not Detected”. So, I decided to restart my printer, thinking that it would work without any error but same error appeared. As I need to print daily I am in a big trouble and need a solution for this as soon as possible. Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Re: HP C4580 Printer says Cartridge missing/Not detected

It seems that you are in a big problem looking at the error message when you need to work with the printer daily. By my suggestion you should try to reset your printer. Keep in mind that you should remove the cartridges from your printer before starting the reset process. Let’s begin now,
    1. Press and release the Power and the Cancel button on your printer at the same time. On doing this you will get a message “Enter Special Key Combo” on the display.
    2. Now press the Scan button which is blue in color, Color Copy (Green) and Black Copy (Grey) buttons one after other. The display will show 'Support <Firmware ID>'
    3. Press the Scan button twice. By doing this, Display will show 'Reset Menu'. Now, Press OK or press the Color Copy button.
    4. Press the Black Copy button. On doing this the Display should show 'Semi-Full Reset'. Press the OK or Color Copy button. This will shut down your printer (Don’t worry, it’s common while resetting).
    5. Now turn on the printer, and select Language and Country.
    6. Reinsert the cartridges and you are done.

There might be a problem with your printer software which you install on your pc to setup the printer. Sometimes the printer software files on your computer get corrupted due to reasons like, Virus attacks, Accidently deletion of printer’s essential system files or any other factors. My suggestion is that you try Re-installing your Printer software, on your computer. Install the software and then restart the printer. I think that, this could be the solution you were looking for tour printer error problem.

Apart from Reset and Re-Installation of your HP C4580 Printer software you should also try the simple solution that most of the people use first, when they get these kinds of errors with their printers. Sometimes the Cartridge in the Printer is not placed properly or by some reasons the cartridges connectors get dusted. My suggestion is that you remove your Cartridge(s) and clean the connectors with a clean cloth and then reinsert them back in the printer. I Hope that this method wipes out your Cartridge(s) error.

If you have tried all the methods that they suggested in this thread and got no success and still got the error message regarding your printer Cartridge(s). Then there is an option that you can try that can surely solve your problem. Run the HP Solution Center application on your computer, there you can check the ink level or the status of your print Cartridge(s). You can get info about which cartridge has the problem. Replace the Cartridge which has problem with a new one.